Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trioplan N 100mm Auto Exakta Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Trioplan N 100mm Auto Exakta Mount Reply with quote

Hi,

My first Exakta lens and it seemed that it would be the WORST version (Auto) to be adapted either to Canon Eos or NEX: Evil or Very Mad

Any of you have this version???

Is there any Exakta-Eos adapter that fits Exaktas Auto versions?? And what about Nex adapter?

I have a Eos-Nex adapter so If there is a way to mount on Canon would be great, even if only for macro work (no infinity)!

Any guide would be appreciated.

Thanks
Vitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why you call it WORST?
I have experience with some exakta lenses. There's no different in adapting between auto and preset in Canon EOS & NEX ( I have both too)
In NEX I use Exa-EOS & EOS - NEX adapter
Problem in EOS only with the protuding part of your lens, which maybe hit Canon flash, but it still can be used by rotating lens so that that part not hit flash, but in NEX no problem.
If there's infinity problem in EOS, must be the adapter, someone report that he didn't get infinity.
I got my adapter from Big is (ebay), it get infinity for all my exakta lenses

oh btw, you better change title, its trioplan, not primoplan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did change title, from Primoplan to Trioplan N.

You had bad conclusion this is not an M42 auto lens without a/m swithc where is adapter can be a problem.

This lens is perfectly usable with an Exakta adapter it has a ring marked with red dot close to top. With this ring to turn lens to manual mode like a/m switch on an M42 lens. Another hint with big silver arm at bottom if you press it with your finger blades will close. It has a benefit you can set sharpness at wide open and press it before release shutter to close blades.

This is a perfect lens don't worry you will love it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect lens for Canon if you like the Trioplan rendering! You can use it like an aoutomatic lens by closing the aperture with a finger of your left hand before releasing the shutter.
Mounts very nicely on the Canon 5DII

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens and can try it when i get home to see how the EOS adapter works.

For Nex you should not have any problem at all but it is still better to get a dedicated Nex-Exakta adapter.
The stacking over EOS adapter is not good in my experience.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really the worst lens.
Following your attitude, I mounted it on my 5DII and made a few quick'n dirty shots in the garden. All f2,8, no postprocessing, except altering the size.

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. Thank you all..
Yes I meant TRIOPLAN!! I do not know how I wrote Primoplan and thinking Trioplan Razz Thank you Atilla for the title change.

IAZA wrote:
Why you call it WORST?
I got my adapter from Big is (ebay), it get infinity for all my exakta lenses

Well, I do not have ANY experience with Exakta lenses... At Captains Jack's website I found this Trioplan is the AUTO version, so when checking for EXAKTA-EOS adapters (in particular BIG_IS adapters) I noticed that he advertises that the adapter will NOT fit Auto exakta lenses.
Click here to see on Ebay

Can you please point me to the correct adapter for Canon 5D2?
Thanks

Last edited by vlousada on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus,
Thank you for your quick test. Very nice images indeed. The Trioplan is well regarded but M42 versions are pretty expensive.

I had a chance to get an Exakta so I did not think twice and if I could have trouble to use on 5D2, at least it must fit on NEX.. Positively, you proved me wrong and I am looking forward to use my exakta lens on 5D2 as well Smile
Great news!
Now just checking the correct tickness adapter for better use um full-frame eos.

Regards
Vitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
I have the same lens and can try it when i get home to see how the EOS adapter works.

For Nex you should not have any problem at all but it is still better to get a dedicated Nex-Exakta adapter.
The stacking over EOS adapter is not good in my experience.

Thanks for your opinion.
I will check it after, but my primary use for the lens would be Canon over Nex. Will check how it works on Nex and then decide if worth a dedicated adapter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I use non AF chip adapter, and not Full frame canon.
I guess Klaus has correct adapter, he has all you have, same lens same cam, so same adapter right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I adapted a couple of Exakta lenses to EOS by simply glueing an M42-EOS adapter over the Exakta bayonet - it fits perfectly. One I converted is a Meyer Primotar 3.5/135 which has very similar rendering and bokeh to the more famous Trioplan.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the Trioplan-N auto to be sharper than the famous preset model, and without the crazy bokeh. It worked fine on my EOS cameras with a standard adapter, but I sold it as I wanted more glow and crazy bokeh Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
I found the Trioplan-N auto to be sharper than the famous preset model, and without the crazy bokeh. It worked fine on my EOS cameras with a standard adapter, but I sold it as I wanted more glow and crazy bokeh Laughing

+1 it looks like a good modern lens.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm the Exakta-EOS adapter mounts correctly with N Trioplan, also the mirror clears on both close focus and infinity.