Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nymph at dusk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Nymph at dusk Reply with quote

(5DMkII, Planar 2/135 wide open, cropped, ISO 1000)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the concept here. The nymph is perfect in the setting. I think a little brightness -light on the subject would would really enhance the image and bring out some of the details- for me. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kathmandu.
I did try to stretch the histogram, but then the photo lost the character of the dusk. So I choosed to keep it as original.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine shot as usual Orio. Bit kitsch? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red highlights on the face and upper arms are perfect. Great capture

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaborate settings and beautiful colours.
Very impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shot, Orio.
Nice composition, although I find the structure behind the right column a bit distracting.
I like all your "mythological" and "middle age" kind of pictures. Always looking real...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.
I had no control on the background. This photo is not posed, it is one from a set of snapshots of a dance show of last Saturday. I tried to capture graceful and dynamic poses (in this case, only graceful). I worked wide open with my 2/135 since I have no longer lens that is as fast - so I had to crop significantly. In this moment that I captured it was the so called "blue hour" (much shorter in fact), that goes from sundown to complete darkness. I find it the best time to photograph flowers and beautiful girls. You lose some of the "punch" of the Zeiss contrast but can obtain a pictorial distribution of tones that I also like sometimes. In this image the histogram is quite narrow. I did choose not to stretch it as it did represent the exact lighting that I did see being there. The pink reflection on the face comes from the cololured spotlights that were being turned on at the time. Luckily it was still bright enough from the sky to keep a decent colour balance. Afterwards when the sky turned dark taking good photos with the coloured spotlights was nearly impossible, due to the limitation of the digital sensor.
The colours turned out right because the green of the dress has a coldish hue that matches well the magenta of the carpet, and the pink highlights on the face and the roses in the background call back the same magenta colour also on the top half of the image, providing balance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're rigth, color balance is very good. I like that combination, with the green of the dress and the carpet. And the expression from the dancer is very appropriate.
These low light shots at dusk are really difficult...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely.