Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Last set of Stasia - Soviet Quintet of Lenses - a850
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Last set of Stasia - Soviet Quintet of Lenses - a850 Reply with quote

These were the last set of pictures I took of stasia before she returned to Florida. Some are a bit more 'snapshot' like in nature so I hesitated putting them up, but I thought I might share anyways...

Zenitar 2.8/16mm:
1.)

2.) (obviously this is indoors without a flash. Hence the noise)

3.)

Mir 1 2.8/37mm:
4.)

Mir 24m 2/35mm:
5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

11.)

Helios 44-3 2/58mm:
12.)

13.)

Helios 40-2 1.5/85mm:
14.)

15.)

Hope you enjoy! And be sure to critique!
~Marc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the good work Marc. The color is nice, but I seem to prefer the B&W that you posted of her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! These pictures are absolutely great! And the noise performance of the a850 seems very positive after all these bad "experiences"! Wink

I especially like the pictures with the 35 f2! The one on the bridge has some of the nicest colors I've seen so far and the bokeh is just delicious!

Love your shots! More of those!

Cheers,

Karhallarn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great portraits
#5#8#9#10#11#13#15
I don't like the portraits with the Zenitar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full marks for bravery, shooting pretty girl portraits with the fisheye Laughing

I'm a sucker for the Helios so I'll vote for 13, 14, 15, bonus points for swirley-inducing compositions.

I'm not artistic enough to give meaningful critique, I'll just say that it looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves, and that comes out in the pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#5 is superb, it's one of the best photos that you ever took with her!

I'm sad that she returned to Florida, she's your muse and when she inspires you, we're more happy because we can see your best photos.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 5 is also my favorite of the group. Just a classic shot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#5 also catches my attention. Pretty girl, sad to see her go...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely series! Number 15 is my kind of portrait Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many great pictures, many of them funny , cute I love them all. Pretty bad she have to leave , visit her in Florida Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
visit her in Florida

I think that's the next trip. But it may be a few months until I am able to travel down.

Thanks everyone! 5 is my favorite too. The lighting certainly makes it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helios shots are the best Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#8 is my favorite, then #11, those show most personality, and then #7, the most powerful photo imho.

I think you captured what you were after in #14!

Nice necklace in #15!

In #5 I want to move the frame to the right to see where she is looking. Laughing I would like to see more dress details.

For lenses, Helios 40-2 1.5/85mm is best. Judging from my favorite photo choices, I guess I like the way you work with Mir 24m 2/35mm best of all.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series.. Nr 15 is also my favourite.