Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 50-2...pano...just for fun!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Industar 50-2...pano...just for fun! Reply with quote

This is probably only the second pano I've ever done, but I do want to start shooting more (of better subjects). So I thought I'd test out Photoshop's automated panorama tool.

I shot this with an Industar 50-2 with a chip in the front glass @ f5.6. The image needed a bit of sharpening but looks acceptable to me. This is three portrait shots stitched together.

Southampton panarama from Eling by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop's Photomerge tool is amazingly advanced. I've found it works better with 28mm lenses than any other focal distance I've tried (18, 35, 50, 55, 80, and 135mm.) Sometimes you need to do some touchups with the spot replace or clone tool to remove small glitched (e.g., blurry spots.)

On large photos, a quick "sharpen" (actually an acutance emphasizer) seems to make little difference to my eye. I've found that the auto contrast does make a large difference and helps balance the panos when slight tone shifts occur between images.

That's a pretty nice-quality pano, though. Stitching is my new favorite digital technique. I'm hoping there's more I can learn to do with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost all pano require sharpening a bit, great work!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, it was more a test of the tool than my photographic skill Laughing Sharpening was the only pp I did...I was quite surprised at the contrast of the tiny Industar Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, really nice! Very Happy

The Industars are nice for pano work. I did some panos with my industar 69 Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work indeed !
Very nice pano. This Industar seems to be a good pano lens. Smile