Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 90mm f2.5 and a HELLO!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 90mm f2.5 and a HELLO!!! Reply with quote

I wasn't sure where to introduce myself, but thought here was as good a place as any! Hello all!

I've only been practising photography since July (but wanted to get into it for a lot longer!), and only use digital at the moment until I find my feet a bit better, and have found myself edging towards mf lenses. I don't know what it is, but they seem to have a bit more "personality" than newer lenses (plus they are a fraction of the price!).

Anyway, my first manual lens was the SP 90mm f2.5 (52B), and I love it! I did put it up for sale last week, but took it back down as I decided I don't want to part with it quite yet! Just a couple of pics...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard !!

I can't see your pics but your first MF lens is a great one ! Enjoy !!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here !

Great shoots!

Last edited by Attila on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome on board Hooper.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!! Nice to meet you guys.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the forums Hooper.

You're not a stuntman are you?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy hehe...no, but that's were the name is from!! That was my fave film when I was a kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooper your pics looks seriously sharp.
Love the furry beast in the first one, the second beast is much lower on my preference list Shocked but I have an issue with bugs since I was a child and used to sleep in my cousin's father's villa where in bed before sleeping I could see scorpions running around the walls. Shocked

-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked ooohh...i'm not surprised your not keen on creepy-crawleys then!

Unfortunately, i've plenty of bug pics!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love them please publish much as you can..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll close my eyes like good children when see people kiss Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat as Orio in that I'm arachnophobic but it's those ring tailed lemurs that really get to me, every time I go to a wildlife park they have a habit of launching themselves onto my head from trees, roofs, you name it, they appear from all angles.

Last edited by Super Tak on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All animals are wonderful I love them all from insects to elephants no exception.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
All animals are wonderful I love them all from insects to elephants no exception.

I love them too but bugs in their ballpark and me in mine Razz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I keep my hands Cobra in India and as usual I like to touch them even kiss them like my bird. I wasn't like much to touch frogs, my wife not keep any distance from animals one time she catch a frog and show me how cute keep in poor frog in her hands. Another time I just see her she jumped into the lake to catch a snake like Crocodile Hunter did it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Smile I keep my hands Cobra in India and as usual I like to touch them even kiss them like my bird. I wasn't like much to touch frogs, my wife not keep any distance from animals one time she catch a frog and show me how cute keep in poor frog in her hands. Another time I just see her she jumped into the lake to catch a snake like Crocodile Hunter did it.

Krisztina will not like to learn that here people eats frogs (not me!! Shocked )

And snails also Shocked

Both are considered delikatessen Confused
I'm not good Northerner for this I never had the stomach to eat them Rolling Eyes
_

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eat both Smile One frog also also our national food and we learned from French guys to eat snails.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots - you have come a very long way in such a short time. That lens is well known for its sharpness and generally benign character Welcome indeed

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. That's some very sharp shooting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Hooper!
Excellent shots, which camera are you using?.
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Hooper!
Excellent shots. Which macro lens do you have for AF ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

52B means the oldest MF lens, 52BB newest MF lens.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila's quite right, i use the older MF version. AF not really needed for macro work imho, which makes the older lenses ideal for it!

I'm using a Nikon D40X at the moment. It's perfect for me while i am learning! I've just sold my Sigma 10-20 to help fund my Nikkor 180mm f2.8 AFD (it hasn't stopped raining since i got it last week!!! typical). I'm also waiting on a Tamron SP 35-80mm f2.8-3.5 to arrive, and for the weather to get better so I can actually get outside and use them!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron SP 35-80mm f2.8 a magnificent zoom lens you will don't believe this is a zoom lens.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Hooper! Enjoy your stay!
(If you ever plan to sell your SP90 again, just let me know. Wink Great lens!)