Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Folding camera purchase and use blog
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Folding camera purchase and use blog Reply with quote

I've just put up a blog about things to look out for when buying a folder (I notice Attila had the same idea but we approach it differently) and how to use it once you've got it, since an increasing number of people probably don't know about loading film or how to set a shutter (simple though it is).

It's here, http://fotoblogzone.com/2011/05/30/folding-cameras-a-how-to-guide, if anyone is interested or wants to add further advice.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article, well made summary!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done - the world needs more of this sort of thing!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great information, and also may I add also elegant page design and format.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC,

Well done indeed, it should be very helpful to novices.

If I can make a small suggestion: when instructing novices, I use the term "feed chamber" and "take-up chamber" to clarify which is which, and also say things like, "after you finished your film, take the finished roll out... the now empty spool in the feed chamber is taken out and put into the take-up chamber; this becomes the take-up spool for the next film. Be sure that the tang of the winding key is securely engaged" etc.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantasic article!!