Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EF extension tubes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: EF extension tubes Reply with quote

Hi all,

I would like to know if someone has this kind of noname EF mount extension tube :

In order to make a custom mount for my Rank Taylor Hobson 50/0.95, I need to know :

- A: the dimension of the available internal diameter of the EF mount (body side)
-B: the dimension of the smallest available internal diameter (excluding the lens side EF mount tube)

Thanks !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this tubes, but I don't have a caliper, sorry Sad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

The A dimenssion with any rule you have will be just fine, thanks ! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 47mm
B 57mm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merci beaucoup Poilu !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad, the 50/0.95 is 48mm and I don't have a lathe do to a proprer 0,5mm grind in this extension tube...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Do you need one, digital ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internal diameter of tube is 57mm everywhere. The 47mm is only at eos mount. Except if the 0.95 need to go inside the mount nothing will stop the 48mm.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Except if the 0.95 need to go inside the mount nothing will stop the 48mm.

The 0.95 has to go further in the camera than the mount itself to obtain the greatest focusing distance possible. Of course without optical hack I will never achieve infinity focus... I expect to have at best 1 to 1,5 meters...

This lens has 48mm in external diameter... I've bought this extension tube and I will see if I can grind it to fit the lens...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Orio wrote:

Do you need one, digital ?

Well, I can't say I need one... every now and then I maybe wish to measure a lens cap, but that's about it Smile