Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Going to sell this evening, want priority?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Going to sell this evening, want priority? Reply with quote

This evening I am going to put for sale on Ebay:

- one of my Contax Planars 1.7/50 (MM version)

- my Sigma 10-20 autofocus ultrawide for Canon crop factor cameras

If any of you would like to have priority on one of these, please contact me.
I would put them for sale this evening at about 21:00 local time (20:00 Greenwich time)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

price for forum members of Contax Planar is 90 Euros + shipping.
on Ebay I will list it for 98 Euros base price plus 119 Euros buy-it-now + shipping of course.

Let me know before 21:00

My copy is excellent, output not distinguishable from the copy I am keeping (which is older)
Lens is in "almost like new" condition. Glasses are perfect.

-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fair price, Orio!
But I really have too many 50mm lenses, so I pass.

How much would you like to have for the Sigma (I am just curious...)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
This is a fair price, Orio!
But I really have too many 50mm lenses, so I pass.

Yes... that is a common problem of many of us! Laughing

LucisPictor wrote:
How much would you like to have for the Sigma (I am just curious...)

I need to make a past auction search on Ebay to figure out the average used price.
My copy is like new (front lens protected by UV filter) and complete with all items (box, pouch, paperwork, hood, original caps), so of course I will stand more by the top end rather then the low end of Ebay prices.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens has lost a lot of value since I bought it new Sad

Another good reason to never buy autofocus anymore!
Autofocus lenses love value enormously in the used market.

Well I have to decide if to keep and not get money, or to sell and get a lot less money than what I originally spent.

I have seen lots of auctions and all those that were selling the lens used in like new condition at a correct price, did not sell. So if I want to sell, I need to make low prices Crying or Very sad

I will sell it for 310 Euros base price and 360 Euros buy it now, no reserve.
Sh**! Mad

-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait till to Christmas I can put them into my Ebay shop insertion fee is nothing and you will have time to the right buyer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Wait till to Christmas I can put them into my Ebay shop insertion fee is nothing and you will have time to the right buyer.

But I need money now.

Also selling from your site will make zero insertion expense, but to receive the money from you I will have to pay for two Paypal transfers (buyer-you and you-me), each time 4% of total price, not good choice financially.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyer able to pay directly to you and receive from you I put into the description other payment...
If you can't wait doesn't matter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Buyer able to pay directly to you and receive from you I put into the description other payment...

That would remove the Paypal buyer protection and the lens will lose appeal.
Ebay are smart merchants, they make Paypal buyer protection valid only if you click on the paypal button, paypal purchase not made by the button are not covered... how unfair is that and how vampires are they? Unbelievable... but they know how to make their business. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

I will sell it for 310 Euros base price and 360 Euros buy it now, no reserve.
Sh**! Mad

-

That's actually not a bad price for you, really.
I have seen this lens going for less.
Around € 350,- is a normal price, I'm afraid.

Perhaps, you should accept Attila's offer, if you can wait a little longer, Orio.

Ah, OK, just read the PayPal thing...

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ebay.co.uk has cheap listing day tomorrow - might be worth holding off and trying there...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, how much do you want for the Sigma ?
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
[

It's perhaps the current price, but it's not normal price for a used lens of little more than one year and paid new almost 600 Euros Evil or Very Mad
Used lens in this condition with full equipment of accessories should sell around 400-450 Euros normally.
But this is crappy period to sell lenses, and very good one to buy lenses, we know that. I never made as good bargains as in this period. But for selling, this period is one of the worst
Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Orio, how much do you want for the Sigma ?
Thanks

If you pay with bank transfer I can give it to you for 300 Euros + shipping.
If you pay with Paypal I'd like to get 320 in order to cover the Paypal fees that will result from lens price + shipping price.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, I can't afford that much but don't be upset, your price is really attracting - I just don't have enought money...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
I think ebay.co.uk has cheap listing day tomorrow - might be worth holding off and trying there...

Listing is not that bad. I will publish only one photo, no need for enlargements of glass because I guarantee that glass is in like new condition, will take the lens back if people find any defect in the glass (which they will not).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:
[

It's perhaps the current price, but it's not normal price for a used lens of little more than one year and paid new almost 600 Euros Evil or Very Mad
Used lens in this condition with full equipment of accessories should sell around 400-450 Euros normally.
But this is crappy period to sell lenses, and very good one to buy lenses, we know that. I never made as good bargains as in this period. But for selling, this period is one of the worst
Evil or Very Mad

Today, you can find this Sigma lens for € 450,- new!
http://www.essential-systems.de/index.php?cl=details&anid=e6f436653a6e0b985.79750936&Sigma-Objektiv-AF-10-20mm-4.0-5.6-EX-DC-HSM-fuer-Canon&
That's why I wrote this is the "normal" price that people pay for a used one - no matter how good its condition us.

And, if I had the money at the moment (without taking it from our bank deposits - this is something I do not like to do for my hobby), I would by this lens from you, Orio. Unfortunately, I do not have it...

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

BUt this does not contradict my assertion that autofocus lenses lose a lot of value. On the contrary, I think it proves it. This lens has lost 100 Euros or more of value as new item. So the idiots who bought it then when it was at top price, have to sell it now for a used price that is related to the CURRENT new price.

Evil or Very Mad

P.S. I don't think that "does not matter how condition" is a good reasoning. In all used catalogues the condition of an object influences the used price value.

Last edited by Orio on Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

BUt this does not contradict my assertion that autofocus lenses lose a lot of value. On the contrary, I think it proves it. This lens has lost 100 Euros or more of value as new item. So the idiots who bought it then when it was at top price, have to sell it now for a used price that is related to the CURRENT new price.
Evil or Very Mad

That's right. And the reason is that the manufacturers constantly throw new lenses or versions on the market.
Look at computers! There it is even worse! Same reason...

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
P.S. I don't think that "does not matter how condition" is a good reasoning. In all used catalogues the condition of an object influences the used price value.

I agree, of course! But most of the buyers don't. They want a "like new" lens for a price of a "used" one. That's the way it is...