Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

47mm T-Thread?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: 47mm T-Thread? Reply with quote

Everyone knows the usual M42 T-Thread, some know the very early M37 (used on the first Tarmron Twin-Tele 135/225 f4.5/7.7), but does anyone know about the M47 thread as used on my Tercon 35mm f/3.5 - also sold as a Soligor (see http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-35mm-35-m42-t10485.html)

It's M47x0.75, with what appears to be the same flange register (55mm).

It took a while to realise my usual T-Thread mount wasn't screwing on-Duh!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it has turned our that some early Tokina made preset lenses used a proprietary interchangeable mount system. I haven't got one of these, but others here have.

Unfortunately these look just like T-mounts from the outside, so its now apparent that one must be more careful with this stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting. I have a Hanimex 180mm lens which a T-mount won't screw onto, but I suspect it might be an M37. Mine has an H5xxxx serial number, and I suspect it's a Komine lens. Will post some pics up at the weekend if I get a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two lenses that take M47 as a mount. One is labeled "Tele Tokina" and is a 100mm f/2.8; the other one is a Hanimex 135/3.5. Both share similar very construction. So my educated guess would be Tokina for both of them. (Pictures are not mine: taken from eBay auction).

Interestingly, I have a very similarly built 135/3.5 lens marked "Prinz Galaxy" that has a totally different optical arrangement and rendering (and is a "proper" T2 lens to boot).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
...but I suspect it might be an M37. Mine has an H5xxxx serial number, and I suspect it's a Komine lens...

You mean M47?

Just bought a "Hanimex Tele-Lens" 400mm f/6.3 (Tokina made) which also has the 47mm T-Thread serial H54894, circa 1965. Which gives credence that it is a Tokina idea. Sure yours isn't a Tokina?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

precertvideo wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:
...but I suspect it might be an M37. Mine has an H5xxxx serial number, and I suspect it's a Komine lens...

You mean M47?

Just bought a "Hanimex Tele-Lens" 400mm f/6.3 (Tokina made) which also has the 47mm T-Thread serial H54894, circa 1965. Which gives credence that it is a Tokina idea. Sure yours isn't a Tokina?

Hmm...not sure! Mine has a different looking aperture scale and the red dot inbetween the preset aperture rings. I'll add a photo ASAP.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my 180/3.5 with the odd mount:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked my "Cunor" brand 105/2.8 (looks just like yours aoleg)
I never bothered removing the mount, but it is also 47mm.

And I just received a "Vemar" 135/2.8 that I got because I suspected it was a Tokina, and it also has a 47mm mount.

As for that 180mm, I have one just like it in "Lentar" brand (albeit with a proper T-mount), but a member here also had one as a Tele-Tokina, so I believe it is also a Tokina.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff, thanks Luis. Looks like mine is a Tokina too then. I've measured the screw mount and it's 47mm as per the other lenses on this thread.

Looks like there were a few different interchangable mount types about:

Adaptall / AD2
Adaptamatic
Sigma / Sun Y-S
TX / T4
T-mount / T2 / Interflex
M47 (if we can call it that)

Last edited by ManualFocus-G on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not forgetting the earliest Tamron T-Thread which was 37mm used on the 135/225 f4.7/7.7 Duo/Twin-Tele (and possibly no others?)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Tamron M37 interchangable mount is also used on the Tamron 135/3.5 preset. That may be the only other lens that does though.