Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 35mm/3.5 m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Soligor 35mm/3.5 m42 Reply with quote

Anyone know what this could be worth? I'm going to put it up for sale on swedish auction-site tonight... I think. But I can't find any reference to it's value on the net. Seems like on ok lens, but I really don't need a third 35mm-lens.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be more a T mount lens (detachable mount). See those screws that fixes the M42 mount.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a T2 mount ... I have this lens , and global rendition is far from my other 35mm (Noflexar 3,5,Flektogon 2,4 and 2,8, Pentax K 3,5, yashinon 2,8, Mir-1 , 1v, Rokkor hh 1,8, Meyer Primagon 4,5 etc ... ) Only 2 are at the same (poor) level : ennalyt 3,5, and isco westanar 3,5 . However , this lens is tiny and have a T2 mount .

Last edited by Helios on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soligor was/is a German importer of photo equipment, sourcing from very many Asian manufacturers of wildly varying quality - ranging from Tokina and Mamiya to the likes of Haking or Seagull, and not really separated into good and bad periods, but a wild mix.

YMMV with them, they repackaged very fine lenses as well as truly embarrassing duds - and due to their uncertain branding, you'll usually get the former cheap, at the risk of getting maybe two or three of their duds per hit...

Sevo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a Komine-made T-mount preset, mid-to-late 1960's.

I have a couple of Soligors in that series.

On US ebay I think it would go for $10-20.

Its probably a quite decent lens, and I would bid for it if it were on this side of the Atlantic.

Hi Sevo,

It seems to me that Soligor went through various periods and arrangements with suppliers, and from one year to another they had a fairly consistent product line.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
It looks like a Komine-made T-mount preset, mid-to-late 1960's.

Hi Luis,

What characteristic is there about this lens that leads you to the Komine conclusion? I'm not questioning you but trying to learn what features or details of the lens are you using to identify it. I've spent much time looking at Soligor lenses and serial numbers trying to determine who may have manufactured a specific lens. I don't recognize any pattern in the serial numbers that might reveal a manufacturer code like the Vivitar system. Have you been able to determing or discover such?

I see this lens has an "H" prefix to the serial. I've seen this on some Soligor lenses and on similar lenses offered by other distributors. I have a K-Mart "Super-Focal" 35mm f-2.8 automatic lens that fits the Tokina-Soligor styling characteristics and it has an H serial.

Looking at the photo of Prometheus' lens my first guess would be that it is a member of the Tokyo-Koki Tokina family.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Casual !

I base it on a couple of Kominar presets I've seen, and the Soligor presets I have.

1. The O<-.->C on the diaphragm ring, down to the color - white arrows, orange "o" and"c"

There was another make that had this, but the other assembly details are very different. Its very distinctive. Much more typical is a second aperture scale.

2. Same lettering of "Soligor", etc. on the front.

3. Seems to be the same lettering on the lens. The colors are the same for several lines of Soligor presets, white and orange, so the color is not an indicator.

4. Focus mark on the barrel is a red line with a dot at the end (not easy to see, but it looks that way to me). I can't see it but I will bet that there is an IR mark on the DOF scale of the form of a red line, but no red "R" or dot, but possibly a red f/number .

5. The Soligors I have that I think are Komines (105 and 180) have a serial number beginning with "H" like this one.

The ones I have that are Tamrons begin with a "T"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I have a Soligor 350/5.6 with T serial. It's a ringer for a Tamron lens of the same spec I've seen on the Adaptall 2 site.

I'll have to post you some photos of a few of my oddballs and see what you make of them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Soligor 35mm/3.5 m42 Reply with quote

Prometheus wrote:
Anyone know what this could be worth? I'm going to put it up for sale on swedish auction-site tonight... I think. But I can't find any reference to it's value on the net. Seems like on ok lens, but I really don't need a third 35mm-lens.

Prometheus wrote:
Anyone know what this could be worth?

Probably not a lot...I have the faster Soligor 35mm f2.8 which is nothing special and did'nt cost a lot on ebay.