Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktica PB adapter Wobble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Praktica PB adapter Wobble Reply with quote

I would like to ask those who own one of these:

next post Wink

if when mounting it on a PB lens it has an ugly play or not. It behaves as if the lens and the adapter would have a gap or such.

I only have one PB lens (prakticar 1.8 80) and thought it'd be worth a try to use it even if infinity is out of question. I have many M42 and C/Y lenses and none of them is loose when mounted on their adapter.

Your answer is much appreciated
Balazs

Last edited by balibm on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:34 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Wobble Reply with quote

balibm wrote:
I would like to ask those who own one of these:

if when mounting it on a PB lens it has an ugly play or not. It behaves as if the lens and the adapter would have a gap or such.

I only have one PB lens (prakticar 1.8 80) and thought it'd be worth a try to use it even if infinity is out of question. I have many M42 and C/Y lenses and none of them is loose when mounted on their adapter.

Your answer is much appreciated
Balazs

Welcome Balazs! I have quoted your post as a new user's first post can not contain pictures. From now on you can post pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks much, thought my knowledge of html became a black hole all of a sudden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

balibm wrote:
thanks much, thought my knowledge of html became a black hole all of a sudden

All new users on this forum are usually puzzled Smile

Fine lens you have there! I have the M42 version, so I'm not much help with the PB mount version. But I'm sure other users will chime in.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the adapter is too loose, there is one good advice by Calvin83 in here >
http://forum.mflenses.com/guide-on-adjusting-the-tightness-of-bayonet-type-adaptor-t37041.html

The lens Prakticar 1,8/80 is a genuine CZJ made, so if it is loose
it means the base metal of your adapter is thin which might give
you infinity focus.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never see any PB to EOS adaptor has infinity focus(a 0.4mm adaptor is not quiet feasible). If there is good PB to EOS adaptor, I would like to buy one if it is not so expensive. Moreover, these PB will not work on Canon full frame cameras.

Last edited by calvin83 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is doubly true. Even if you can focus to infinity, you may end up
having a mirror hit problem with the most of Prakticars. I forgot about
my 5D mirror shaved a long ago. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you much guys. When the lens is 'loose' infinity is not reached but at least it doesn't hit the mirror. When it's fully pressed against the camera body it gets to infinity perfectly but the mirror suffers. (fullframe body)
Have uploaded a couple in here for comparison (please see the balcony bars and the building @ far back):

as it is

fully pressed against the body

It's micromillimeters but it's there Sad (images @f2.8, have not tried the f16 trick but not really interested in that as that does not seem to be a feature but a bug)

Thank you again, appreciate it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take good portraits with this great lens without infinity. Remember to share them with us.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a couple of images of what the lens is capable of. fiddling with the adapter with a screwdriver proved to be a perfect solution for the wobble. thanks much Calvin

lab says sorry but he is always like this. we treat him like a prince and this is the reaction. ah well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bokeh is pleasant to me in #1. The little handsome prince did a great job too. Very Happy