Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KGB reproduction camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: KGB reproduction camera Reply with quote

Friend of mine who is an antique merchant did find a camera what looks made in very low serial (quiet primitive looking ) Smile Camera was brought by a man to Hungary who were on a course at KGB in Moscow in 1952.

I will sell it later , no reason to keep it , I think sound is quiet interesting. I will make some pictures from camera later.

Last edited by Attila on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please refrain from making tantalizing posts... Now I want to know what you have! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing So I did reach my goal , thanks ! Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with pictures!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the strong feeling I've seen that thing before - and it was not KGB. Maybe some USSR plant built a copy, but it is the spitting image of a pretty common recording camera of British make. I forgot the name, but I will probably stumble over it sooner or later. The lens is British too, so it probably is no clone - if it was put into KGB surplus in 1952, it probably is a relic of the strategic goods the USSR received from the Western allies in WWII.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
I have the strong feeling I've seen that thing before - and it was not KGB. Maybe some USSR plant built a copy, but it is the spitting image of a pretty common recording camera of British make. I forgot the name, but I will probably stumble over it sooner or later. The lens is British too, so it probably is no clone - if it was put into KGB surplus in 1952, it probably is a relic of the strategic goods the USSR received from the Western allies in WWII.

It would be nice if you can find something about that , quite possible your last sentence is cover full truth.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spring motor drive ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Spring motor drive ?

I don't think so looks very primitive basic camera. Looks not professional built, rather made in small batch in a mechanical factory.