Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Look what the postman has delivered today...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Look what the postman has delivered today... Reply with quote

Now, you might ask: "Hey, he's got a 5D and a 40D, what does he need an old 300D for?"

Good question, but I've got three good answers:
1. I sometimes teach classes on digital photography (for teachers). And most cameras which are used there are compact cameras. Also the cams I bring for the participants (Olympus C-3030, Nikon CP950...) are all compact models. (I do not feel like giving my EOS cams to someone who joins a class for beginners. Wink). So with this 300D I can show what a bigger sensor can do.
2. I got this cam for €52,-! Yes, €52,-!! Because of one reason nobody wanted to have it: everything works fine except the AF. Laughing Hey, that's my cam!
3. Now I can use my AF lenses on my 40D, my "fullframe" MF lenses on my 5D and all the others (that would block the 5D mirror) on my 300D. Wink

Yah, I know, it's almost decadent, isn't it? But at this price, I couldn't resist!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good buy! Have you tried it out yet?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was my first DSLR and the last Canon Smile after it I've had Nikon d50, d70, d80, d2h, d40, d90 and now d300s Wink
great and cheap learning tool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
A very good buy! Have you tried it out yet?

Yes. It works. As described in the ad. The AF system is not working.
But I have read somewhere in the internet that sometimes this is only a minor issue. It's probably only the typical broken nose of the AF mirror. Just a pain to repair. Well, I won't use AF with this cam anyway. Wink

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, a nice buy!.

A 300D ¡s still a very capable machine, and for that price is a steal!.

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i paid 60e for mine with a 28 80 EF.
I didn't swith on
I opened it, i put some strap instead of fuses and made undred of pictures with it Smile
My brother goes on holiday with it and is very happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you bought that just to match your silver lenses. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Actually you bought that just to match your silver lenses. Smile

Yes, of course.

Oh my God, now it really gets decadent. There are places where people do not have enough to eat and I own 3 (three!) DSLRs!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Carsten, that not-so-little baby (well, not exactly that one!) was my first DSRL, and I still think of it with kindness.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great to save those plastic cams from the bin, thanks to good people they will still be some samples in 2020, working? I don't know Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Great find! Congrats!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - sweet little camera for a sweet little price - congratulations!!!