Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Ozeck, Prinz Galaxy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Ozeck was a name from the 1980s and sold by Comet IIRC - as to who actually made the lenses, I've no idea.

As for Prinz Galaxy, they were sold by Dixons, again IIRC.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:
The Prinz Galaxy has arrived and it's an interesting lens. For one thing it's tiny (it's a 135mm F3.5 not a F2.Cool plus I'm also not 100% convinced it's an M42 lens. It came with a screw in mount adaptor which takes the lens to something a fair bit smaller than M42 screw mount - perhaps M39?

It's much more likely a T2 mount.
M39 is very old mount and commonly found only on old Russian reflex lenses, or on old German rangefinder lenses.
_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:
Orio wrote:
niblue wrote:
The Prinz Galaxy has arrived and it's an interesting lens. For one thing it's tiny (it's a 135mm F3.5 not a F2.Cool plus I'm also not 100% convinced it's an M42 lens. It came with a screw in mount adaptor which takes the lens to something a fair bit smaller than M42 screw mount - perhaps M39?

It's much more likely a T2 mount.
M39 is very old mount and commonly found only on old Russian reflex lenses, or on old German rangefinder lenses.
_

Thanks for that. Just done some checking and as the T2 is the same thread size but a different pitch it does sound likely that the main mount on the lens could well be a T2. That would make the adaptor that came with it a "T2 -> something" adaptor. The only label on it says "ZE" and after some quick googling I thought that might be Mamiya ZE but that's a bayonet mount and this is a screw thread.

ZE for Zenith? I think the EM was M39