Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KMZ raised prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: KMZ raised prices Reply with quote

Well, they announced it, and they have done it. KMZ raised prices on all current production of manual lenses. Go to rugift.com and see for yourself. And it wasn't a small raise either. Now the MIR-20M costs about as much as the MIR-47M used to cost before Sad

Grrr-rr-r we should open a AFLenses site and advertise some of the newer crap so prices of manual will be back to good levels for us Twisted Evil
_

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha why you say this ? You bought many Leica and CZ lenses for lot more...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Hahaha why you say this ? You bought many Leica and CZ lenses for lot more...

Yes but that's because I could afford Russian lenses for much less!
If Russian lenses start to cost like Leica lenses then my whole lens economy goes bananas!! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have more good opportunity to sell you have already many good Russian lenses ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to sell my Russian lenses!! Shocked I want to use them! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile but sometimes need ... so better to have valuable lenses than garbage collection I learned from you Surprised . I have so many "garbage" lenses what I can't sell if I need money.If I am smart than you are I never buy many cheap lenses just valuable lenses like you ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is development that we have already observed several times in the used market, haven't we?
Now, it creeps through the stores as well...

I hope that also the other MF lenses will rise in price then I might earn some money with those lenses I hardly use. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but it's like selling your children. Now there's an idea....

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of us love it , I don't. I look forward your opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a two-sided experience with that lens.

My black MIR-1V is not a good copy, quite soft, although it features the usual good colour density of MIR lenses

My alu finish MIR-1, older, M39 mount, is super sharp and great performer.

So I don't really know. I guess it falls into the same hole of "copy variation factor".
Russian lenses are great but their economy was what it was, so quality control wasn't always constant, so to say.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:
This is a black one in M42 - built quality seems ok to me however I've not even had it fitted to a camera yet so I've no idea what the optics are like.

Don't know what camera you have, but be sure not to mount it on a 5D, it will not clear the mirror at infinity.

As for quality, you may have a great copy or you may have a lemon. That's part of the game with Russian lenses. The good side is, they are so cheap, (at least, they used to be so cheap...) that you can easily buy another one.