Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Flektogon 2.4/35 & 2X TeleConverter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: CZJ Flektogon 2.4/35 & 2X TeleConverter Reply with quote

Hello,

Hoe I post this in the right section. Here I made some test shots with thia combo: CARL ZEISS JENA FLEKTOGON 2.4/35 & PORST 2X TELECONVERTER . I combined the capability of the Flek of focusing very close with the maginfication of the teleconverter. So the combo became one with 70mm and ~F:5 and adding more the 1.5x crop from Pentax K100D results in a 105mm lens capable of cocusing at about 5-7cm from the frontal element.
Here are some results (no crops, only resize):

By the way, how do I know the magnification factor (1:4 , 1:2, 1:1) ?
If I resize the image until it will have 24x19mm like the sensor's size and compare it with the real object ? In case the the two are identical it means that its a 1:1 magnification ? Just a guess ?

Last edited by montecarlo on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: CZJ Flektogon 2.4/35 & 2X TeleConverter Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
By the way, how do I know the magnification factor (1:4 , 1:2, 1:1) ?
If I resize the image until it will have 24x19mm like the sensor's size and compare it with the real object ? In case the the two are identical it means that its a 1:1 magnification ? Just a guess ?

Yes. Magnification is in regard of object size on film - or sensor - versus real life size.

Indeed, your Porst Teleconverter is not that bad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: CZJ Flektogon 2.4/35 & 2X TeleConverter Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:

If I resize the image until it will have 24x19mm like the sensor's size and compare it with the real object ?

It will still depend on the resolution of your monitor. I am not able to make the calculation but the same image seen on a 800*600 monitor looks one size and on a 1280*1024 looks like a different size.

Anyway do you think this set up is worthy? I think it would be much better to reach 1:1 (or whatever near) by adding an extension tube. Both EOS and M42 extension tubes are sold very cheaply and you will not have the additional optic glass to interfere with the IQ of the Flek.

_

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the pics...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I can't see the pics...

Hello,

I "repaired" it.