Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A very strange Mir-1B thing happened
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: A very strange Mir-1B thing happened Reply with quote

Today I was unscrewing the Mir-1B from my 5D, ready to mount the Mir-20M in its place, when I noticed that I was not unscrewing the lens from the mount, but I was unscrewing the top part of the barrel (where the diaphragm controls are) from the bottom part, where there is the focusing ring and the mount part!!!

So how is that? Is the Mir-1B a separate-part, mountable lens???

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't do that with my copy. Ser.Nr. 87xxxxxx

C.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is number 92something.
I suspect this is not a feature but a problem of the lens. For this reason, when I noticed it, I didn't go on, and screwed it back tightly. The lens works great, it would be a real pity to destroy it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, I can unscrew the filter ring and front element group on my copy 87xxx. The preset rings stay on the body, I don't think that's what you meant.

I admit I never touch the preset ring. It's set on f22 full time and I just use the stop-down ring.

Peter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
HI, I can unscrew the filter ring and front element group on my copy 87xxx. The preset rings stay on the body, I don't think that's what you meant.

No, my copy can be unscrewed lower