Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kinoptik 2/25mm on GH1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Kinoptik 2/25mm on GH1 Reply with quote

A fine little lens, amazes me more every day...

vignetting, hardly

Strasbourg, France

Cheery blossoms, shot wide open

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, very nice indeed! I'm really enjoying the Switar 25/1.4 I have mounted almost permanently on my GF1, and even enjoy a *bit* of the light fallout and distortion at the corners, but it'd sure be nice if I could actually get a sharp image corner to corner when I stop down (rather than the vignetting becoming more obvious Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! The Switars certainly are great lenses too!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens and wonderful shots!! I've got a 50/1.8 Cosmicar that I need to get my machinist friend to turn down the mount to get infinity focus. What's neat is that it has a triangular iris. I remember reading in the Zeiss Compendium that there was either a standard lens or portrait lens made with a three bladed iris as well. Looking forward to seeing the bokeh on that lens.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results, Klaus, better than I have achieved so far...

wilson.c wrote:
Great lens and wonderful shots!! I've got a 50/1.8 Cosmicar that I need to get my machinist friend to turn down the mount to get infinity focus. What's neat is that it has a triangular iris. I remember reading in the Zeiss Compendium that there was either a standard lens or portrait lens made with a three bladed iris as well. Looking forward to seeing the bokeh on that lens.

I'm pretty sure you are referring to the 85mm f/1.4 Planar for the Contarex system, which indeed had a 3-bladed iris.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter, I have it a little longer I guess .... you'll beat me easily in normal photography from what I have seen so far Wink Wink

Kinoptik 2/25mm has 6 blades:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I always thought this lens was larger, maybe I mix that up with the Arri version. I really like the pink explosion shot.

Stefan