Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 105mm f2.8 Preset in Exakta KE T-mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Soligor 105mm f2.8 Preset in Exakta KE T-mount Reply with quote

Soligor 105mm f2.8 Preset in Exakta KE T-mount
Any one with experience/input about or image examples of this lens.

Thanks

I willl be acquiring one soon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are at least 4 different 2.8/105 T-mount lenses sold under the Soligor brand.

One was a Tokyo Koki (Tokina)
One was a Nittoh (Komine)
One was I believe a Kawakami (Kawanon)
One (with silver ring and "ears") I don't know who made it

And I would not be surprised to see some others too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria

Whats your opinion on this lens? I am wondering if you could share. Pictures would be nice to see if you have some.

So I am more curious to know what exactly what I bought. Are they cataloged under serial numbers? How would I find out what Soligor lens I have?

I did see one of the f3.5 of yours with the cropped bird's head , very sharp and nicely done.

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@luisalegria-
I did find your post on your Soligor here on MFlenses and the pictures of both the lenses and pictures you took with it. Nice pictures-I will be happy if the one I have coming will produce pictures like that.
I also checked out the page on the Tele-Tokina @retrocamera.net that you and the "Relayer "describe.
I will post pictures of mine when it comes in -it has an exakta T-mount.

Thanks to both of you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one, which I believe is the Komine -

http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-komine-105-2-8-preset-t8179,highlight,105.html

Another, which I believe is the Tokina, this one is not in Soligor brand but the same was sold as a Soligor -

http://forum.mflenses.com/cunor-old-tokina-2-8-105-t-mount-t22199,highlight,105.html

I find the Tokina sharper, but that is not a scientific test and there is sample variation, etc.

I have spotted another which is very similar to the Komine (same O-C ring) which I think is a Kawakami/Kawanon; the style of the other known lenses of this make were also similar to the Komine versions.

Then there is the "silver ring" preset which I think were the last series of Soligor preset lenses, and I have never figured out who was the maker of these.

Others that could possibly also be found under the Soligor brand (I haven't spotted them, but its possible) include Sankor (the 105 is common under other brands like Accura or Spiratone), Fujita (I've never see it, there is a list that includes one, but it would be very rare), Cosina, etc.

The Soligor brand was used on over a dozen different manufacturers products over 30 years, so almost anything is possible.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@luisalegria-

Thanks for sharing your knowledge- its nice to be able to connect who made what lens, and what kind of performance quality history they have. Like your Soligor made by Komine (never paid much attention to that brand, now I will), I must confess that the rich , warm tones that are very appealing to me.
Amazing source for information, experience and wealth of knowledge here on MFlenses from all over .

Old New Lens :Who made my lens?
I recently got a Vivitar close focusing auto-zoom 90-230mm f4.5 that I am beginning to understand was made by Tokina- according to:
http://www.cameraquest.com/VivLensManuf.htm
The serial number begins with 37 .I have not had the chance to use it yet, I will have to take it out for a twirl.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Soligor 105mm f2.8 finally came in- I bought it with a tight focus ring so I had to open it clean the threads and lube it . I also cleaned the outside of the front and back elements;as it had accumulated dirt from sitting on a shelf, or box in a store.I swapped the T-mount Exakta with a T-mount M42 adapter .I am happy with the outcome. The lens measures 2.75 inches fully extended.

Here are pictures of the lens and photos, I took with this lens mounted on a sony DSLR -in a nearby field.

Last edited by Kathmandu on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, looks like the Komine version.

I like 1 and 4, 4 in particular.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same lens branded as Hanimex (S/N on mine is H45819, so it seems to be the same batch Smile ) My experience with it is that it's quite low on contrast with a bit of 'soft focus' effect wide open; high vignetting at f/2.8. Interestingly, mine was also VERY stiff when I bought it, so I had to take it apart, clean and re-lubricate. EDIT: oh, mine has a numbered aperture stop-down ring instead of the O<>C one. I *think* that these lenses (allegedly "Tokina" and "Komine") came from the same factory - at least their serial numbers support this suggestion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your replies-

@Luisalegria: Senor,You might be right, I have followed your other threads where you talk about Nittoh Kogaku is it?( Kominar Lens makers).Mine does look like yours with the difference being the original T-mount.
Of course yours takes better pictures,correction you take better pictures , specially of seagulls Very Happy.

Quote:
There are at least 4 different 2.8/105 T-mount lenses sold under the Soligor brand.

@aoleg:
Congrats on your Hanimex ,it would be nice to see some pictures. I like the output of this lens along with the processing of APSC sensor camera . So far I know it produced superlative bokeh , produces good tones & crisp images IMHO. I hope I can contribute a more of my review when I have taken more pictures with it. The stiffness on the focusing is gone now and it moves beautifully. I find the tones, sharpness and bokeh very similar to a 105mm f2.5 Sankyo Kohki Komura that I have,and I have loved the Komura . Right now I one feature I like of this lens, is that it is shorter than the Komura 105mm.

@Relayer: Yes it does kinda look like your Tele-Tokina, specially the aperture ring and the Open <->Close ring . I think the focusing ring width/height and the barrel underneath may be of different lengths, and the front hood or shade is longer than mine from what I can see. I am sure you enjoy using this lens-I would love to see any pictures if you have them handy.

Its interesting to know that this lens existed in so many flavors and brands .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Relayer : Wow that is beautiful , plus you've captured the big fight ,the atmosphere , coffee, tea and the cold. Congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

Here's a picture of the Kawanon. Doesn't look much like the others.

And here's another Soligor. Any idea who made this one?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. Any idea of maker of the above Soligor lens?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Soligor preset series with the chrome ring and "ears" is common and distinctive. Unfortunately the collective wisdom of this forum, if I may dare speak for it, still has no clue as to the maker, in spite of the interesting recent advances in the deciphering of Soligor serial numbers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. Thank you, Luis. Any idea of its performance relative to the others?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some design similarities to the T4 Soligor 105 - the T4 also has the chrome ears and the focus ring is similar... the apertures of course run in two directions etc. My T4 serial is 169xxxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
And here's another Soligor. Any idea who made this one?

A strong resemblance to the Soligor T4 line so that makes Tokina a possibility but Tokina, traditionally, rendered the Soligor name in block letters. I've considered Kino a possibility as they had used lower case letters in the Soligor name. Sun is another possible supplier of the late, preset Soligors. The more Soligors I see, the more uncertain I become!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully as time goes by, more info will surface and some of these lenses can be positively identified.