Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KIEV-4 with Jupiter-11 (135mm)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: KIEV-4 with Jupiter-11 (135mm) Reply with quote

I paid 40 Eur for the camera (with leather case and Jupiter-8 ) and I can't remember if 15 or 20 Eur for the lens:

a full size crop of the above picture (click on thumbnail, then again on the enlarged image if necessary):

Sorry for the colours of the Ektachrome Sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are still some gorgeous shots, blown away by the resolution of that
lens! Shocked Did you do your own scanning on the 4490?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Those are still some gorgeous shots, blown away by the resolution of that
lens! Shocked Did you do your own scanning on the 4490?

No, I photographed the slide with the 5D mounted on bellows with Industar-61 macro lens.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does a great job on slides!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
Tomorrow I will post some samples from the same roll, taken with the Jupiter-9 (85mm) and the CZJ Sonnar 1.5/50

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to them!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the Ektachrome (I've never had much luck with Ektachrome) these are a fine example of the quality of scans you are obtaining with the "camera scan" equipment. I particularly like the black and white because of the variety of tones, and the contrast is just right.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that B+W shot sings to me!
It reminds me of photos in the hallway of my grandfathers house in Basel.
You know I went out of my way to get a Zeiss 4/135 for my contax.
Your copy o J 11 seems it's equal.
I did not know you have a a CZJ 1.5/50.
Looking forward to those shots as well.
Now I wish you picked tails Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CZJ 1.5/50 is a bit foggy inside Sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEEHEE
10/11+ Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curiosity rears its head to me: I assume there is a difference between the CZJ 50/1.5 and the CV Nokton Aspherical 50/1.5?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Looking forward to them!

Me too Very Happy

Great effect on the last one.

Regarding RF cameras, my brother used the Minister (which arrived about two weeks ago) and finished a first roll. The film is at the lab and it will be ready in about two days.

It's a very good camera for beginners. It shows the EV values of the available light and the "pairs" of shutter speed and aperture. Only the focusing need needs some minor adaptation of the eye (used more with SLR style focusing) Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
uriosity rears its head to me: I assume there is a difference between the CZJ 50/1.5 and the CV Nokton Aspherical 50/1.5?

The CZ Sonnar 1.5/50 is a Sonnar and the CV Nokton 1.5/50 is a unique 6 element in 5 group aspherical design

The sonnar is known for focus shift (back) at wide open and interesting bokeh

The Nokton uses the aspherical design to get by this and does not suffer (if you consider it that) from focus shift.
This is my understanding of this lens which I have not used. If someone knows different please correct me.

I love the Sonnar but it can be touchy in use. But don't be discouraged. Just bracket focus until you get the hang of it Cool

Larry it's exciting to see you are going this direction. Your eye combined with RF performance is a recipe for some delicious photos Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: KIEV-4 with Jupiter-11 (135mm) Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Sorry for the colours of the Ektachrome Sad

I suppose you mean the first picture. (Although some russian lens, e.g. the 61L/D also tend to be brownish.)
I also have seen this brownish tint on my Ektachrome slides. Does anyone have an idea how to counterfilter it?

Greetings,
Eugen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is developer faulty or really, really expired film rather than lens.