Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar T 75mm f1.5 M42 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar T 75mm f1.5 M42 mount Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

Really rare lens.. I think Attila owns one...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but from Korea postage is going to cost a fortune... at least to here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipment to hungry is $35 (check the response in the end)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu, I am sorry, I wrongly edited your message instead of quoting it Sad

I could only save that sentence from your original post.

Before you mentioned something like "if somebody really wants this lens, the price is not too high".

Here is my reply:

Insured?
I doubt it.
I always buy insured shipping even for cheap items, let alone for such a lens.
Insured costs a minimum of 50$ from the USA, often more, and I doubt that from Korea is cheaper.

Also, don't forget the customs... I don't know how if in the USA you pay customs charges for items coming from abroad, but we have to pay 20% of total price here (it means 20% on the total of item price plus shipping) plus a fixed customs fee for each item.

So let's say it ends for 300 US$ - which I don't think so (I think it will end for more), anyway let's say 300 US$ item price, plus 50$ minimum for insured shipment, it makes 350, plus the 20% it makes 420 US$, then add the fixed customs fee which I dont' remember how much, and the item won at Ebay for 300 dollars will cost 425-430 dollars.

And of course, if the Ebay price is higher, so become the following taxes...

Sorry again for the editing accident Sad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have one. I believe this lens price will be reach itself around 400 USD.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding what Orio said about paying customs, in Canada we don't pay customs duty for photographic equipment.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada is a nice country I always get this impression on any subject.Lucky you to living over there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Regarding what Orio said about paying customs, in Canada we don't pay customs duty for photographic equipment.

Really? You lucky ones!!
Well, this makes for you to buy European lenses almost as easy as it is for us. The difference in the shipping price should not be that devastating (in any case, nothing compared to customs taxes).

Quote:
Canada is a nice country I always get this impression on any subject.Lucky you to living over there.

I would LOVE to have 2-3 months per year of Canadian winter with lots of snow (like it used to be here while I was a boy, now we have almost forgotten what snow is).
But not more than 2-3 months per year, I think that 6-7 months per year of rigid winter would be too much for me, I love to be able to go around in t-shirt and shorts Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I would LOVE to have 2-3 months per year of Canadian winter with lots of snow (like it used to be here while I was a boy, now we have almost forgotten what snow is).
But not more than 2-3 months per year, I think that 6-7 months per year of rigid winter would be too much for me, I love to be able to go around in t-shirt and shorts Rolling Eyes[/quote]

Yes indeed it's a beautiful country.
Regarding the winter, I can say that the devil it's not so black at least here in Montreal.
Usually it starts in november and finish in march, the last snow in april Very Happy
And it's not rigid at all.
Street traffic is the same winter and summer. Sidewalks are clean and dry. Otherwise you have to put some clothes on you 'cause it's winter. Preferably canadian ones.
Starting with january when the temperature is above 0 degrees ( 5-6) you can see people wandering in t-shirts.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....Bump....

Some one is still interested in this... Laughing Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

720 USD!
OHHHHHHHH! Smile Sorry for this spam msg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice I love it ! Smile I bought same Biotar lens from USA 1 yrs before for 200 USD Smile