Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Your first Manual Focus Lens gear purchase for the New Year?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Your first Manual Focus Lens gear purchase for the New Year? Reply with quote

I have started the new year with the purchase of 2 Schneider Tele-Xenars ,

1. 360mm f5.5 and
2. 200mm f5.5

both (black enamel and chrome) in Exakta Mount.

I have used the 360 before thats what attracted me back to the Schneiders.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Your first Manual Focus Lens gear purchase for the New Y Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
I have started the new year with the purchase of 2 Schneider Tele-Xenars ,

1. 360mm f5.5 and
2. 200mm f5.5

both (black enamel and chrome) in Exakta Mount.

I have used the 360 before thats what attracted me back to the Schneiders.

Cheers

Nice, would love to see some results from those! Wink
No lens bonanza yet for me this year... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh that's a nice start to the new year Smile My new year's resolution is to buy no new gear, and buy a house instead Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought so many things (or got them as presents) that I think I will skip it for a while...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Zuiko 75-150 and a Tokina 25-50 in Konoca mount along with a tele zoom that I don't know what it fits but it cost £2.50. As long as it is Pentax K, or Konica or Fujica X or OM or FD or m42 Im ok. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing yet, but as soon as I see decently priced 135 and 28mm Pentacon's, then I'll be having those.

Other than that, Nothing I want to have (for now at least, it won't last!), but I'll still keep a look out for anything interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing yet, but the year is young. Still 1 January here in California. We'll just have to wait and see, eh? But what I HOPE for are 1) a hit on my quest for an ultralight (<120g) prime in the 20-30mm range, 2) a Meyer|Pentacon 30/2.8, 3) a Lentar-Tokina 25/3.5, and 4) whatever old European glass I can find cheap.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far too much already: Embarassed

Nikkor 80-200mm f4.5 (last ver)
Contax G 45mm f2
Rodenstock Rodagon-WA 40mm f/4.0 Enlarging Lens

Need to start selling...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Ooh that's a nice start to the new year Smile My new year's resolution is to buy no new gear, and buy a house instead Wink

go and squat somewhere, buy lenses... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon Canonet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

emphasis added Laughing Later, to wife: "but it's used!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing till the boot sales start in about March.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

Wolverhampton camera fair, 5th February. I can see M39 lenses for my Zorki coming home. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for the foreseeable future none. Have to concentrate on lighting equipment. Have some gigs starting in February and March that require it. Oh well, maybe the hobby can finally start paying for itself. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

Wolverhampton camera fair, 5th February. I can see M39 lenses for my Zorki coming home. Laughing

I need to find some more M39 lenses too, I already have J-8 2/50, I-50 2.8/50 and I-61 2.8/53, all excellent but I also want a J-9 85mm, a J-12 wideangle and another J-11 4/135 as the lovely red p one I bought has a converted mount so I sold it to a friend who will have it converted back to M39. I also hope to find an I-69 2.8/28 as it's tiny and will make a great walkaround lens on my NEX. I have a mint FED-5 but I don't use it much, I want the M39 lenses to go with the NEX for the times I don't want to drag a bagful of big SLR lenses around with me.

Oh, and I need some Exakta mount bits too, a bellows, some extension tubes, maybe a wideangle lens or two if I see any good ones at a good price.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking about buying a Super-Takumar 1.9/85 for the new year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am finally making my first purchase of 2012. I waited a whole five days! The prize is a small M42 Vivitar (Cosina?) 28/2.8 that weighs about 130g and thus will be the wide member of my ultralight minikit, at least until I find something lighter like the Rikenon XR 28/3.5 Aspheric (70g).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Minolta X500 with 50mm 1.7 for € 20.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im looking to get a wide angle M mount lens for my M8, or a jupiter 6 180mm for my KX Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, an Olympus OM-2n with 50mm f/1.8 and 28mm f/2.8 zuikos.
Fixed the slow/sticky aperture on the 28mm f/2.8 zuiko, which was easier than I thought it would be Smile .
(just wiped all the excess grease from the parts of the aperture mechanism behind the lens mount, and reassembled everything.
it was so effective and easy that it gave me the confidence to do it to my 50mm 1.4 zuiko as well, both work now Very Happy )
Running a test roll through the camera to see if replacing the degraded seals is required or if they are still good enough and if the shutter is up to spec. So far everything seems to work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine turned out to be a Meyer Helioplan:

http://forum.mflenses.com/meyer-gorlitz-helioplan-f4-5-40mm-in-exakta-mount-t45950.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this Minolta MD 28mm F2.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:

i'm thinking about that too, but they are expensive...

instead what i DID already buy this year is a S-M-C Takumar 4/200. I expect it to be delivered tomorrow. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
mo wrote:

i'm thinking about that too, but they are expensive...

instead what i DID already buy this year is a S-M-C Takumar 4/200. I expect it to be delivered tomorrow. Smile

They are indeed, but from all accounts they are worth it. I have not bought anything for awhile, so have some ebay money sitting there unused.. Laughing
I look forward to seeing examples from the SMC Takumar4/200 Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my first Exacan (and it supposedly works):