Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

impulse purchase: kuribayashi 180mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: impulse purchase: kuribayashi 180mm Reply with quote

yeah yeah yeah, i didnt want to spend any more money on lenses right now, blah blah blah...

this was a total impulse purchase, any thoughts???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150407619114&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these. This is actually made by Kyoei (and also sold under the Kyoei Acall brand). Mine is a Kyoei Acall.

http://forum.mflenses.com/kyoei-acall-180-3-5-m42-a-rare-lens-t14579,highlight,kyoei+acall.html

Petri obtained all their accessory lenses, which were all presets, for their first (M42) SLR from Kyoei when they introduced their camera in 1958-59. So this can be pretty confidently dated to 1958-59, or perhaps as late as 1961-62. Petri's later models used their proprietary bayonet and their Petri-branded lenses came from other makers in this automatic mount.

Any SLR lens from Kyoei is quite scarce under any brand. You will find these 180mm's on ebay just a couple of times a year.

I find mine to be a superb lens, sharp wide open and lovely color.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed luis, i have to say that i bought this after reading your old thread on your lens Embarassed i impulsively decided i wanted a rare nice lens, this looked beautiful, and, based on your old descripiton, at $90 i thought it might be underpriced. so thank you for your past post. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did well! It's very complete too, with all caps and even the hood and case. I have its shorter brother, the 105mm f/3.5 Kuribayashi Petri Orikkor:

http://forum.mflenses.com/kuribayashi-k-c-petri-orikkor-13-5-f105mm-t23325,highlight,105mm+orikkor.html

I think you will find that it's a very good piece of glass!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you peter! if you ever see the 105, let me know, as i am in the market for that FL. i will post some pix when i get the lens. btw peter, nice pix, super bokeh, im even more looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks beautiful....bring on the pictures of it and with it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, impressive. Have fun with this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a beauty!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys; im getting more and more excited! i just wish i had something to photograph,as with the weather in northeast u.s. i feel like i'm trapped in a bergman film...b&w&bleak Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Tony, you got yourself a beautiful looking lens, and from what I've read, a bit of a star performer too. Result Wink