Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jobo Duolab
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Jobo Duolab Reply with quote

Hi colleagues,

has anyone experiences with the JOBO Duolab ?

I can buy such a used equipment at my local dealer. As I read so far it could be a problem because the processing can is constantly rotating during the development and not a turn over.

Advantage for me would be to hold the correct temperature during the process.

Thanks for your assitance.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man who sold me the enlarger is (or claims to be) an expert, he has one of those for sale, I enquired also and he told me that it's wasted money for B&W (not necessary), while it's very useful for developing colour negs and slides.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of the Duolab as a simplified CPE stuck to a Nova slot processor, and you'll get the idea of what it is about. Again, you can also process b/w prints using the slot processor portion with considerable space savings too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a CPE2 if you want a compact processor - the Duolab was a unpopular and accordingly rare attempt to establish another machine below that level. Its worst flaw is that it uses special tanks with a tank lid not compatible with generic Jobo Lift ( CPE2/CPA2/CPP3/ATL) processors, which have been long discontinued.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one but rarely use it, preferring to develop by hand in small tanks. It's main advantage, as mentioned, is space saving - especially for colour processing.
There is nothing inherently bad about a rotating drum for black and white, it just means a lot of testing and trial and error with different materials to get it right. You also use less chemicals, but the same for the type of tank whether it has one roll in it or six.