Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Day with Pancolar 50mm 1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: A Day with Pancolar 50mm 1.8 Reply with quote

Hi All, i've been lurking in this site for a long time and trying to learn something about the MF world, so i can be called as a MF newbee Smile I saw too many beautiful shots here so i hasitated for posting my own photos.

My Pancolar arrived a week before and i've captured some images i hope you like them. My Pancolar is CZJ auto Pancolar (is this a good version? there is m/a switch on it but i'm not sure if i did it correctly, i pushed it now M is open i mean you can see later M is that true?)

D700 handheld

1-) F/1.8 1/2500 ıso 200

2-) f/1.8 1/640 ISO 800

3-) f/1.8 1/320 ISO 3200

4-) f/ 2.8 ? 1/100 ISO 200

100%

5-) f/1.8 1/125 ISO 800

6-) f/1.8 1/320 ISO 3200

7-) 1/5000 ISO 200

Cool f/1.8 1/2000 ISO 800

I also want to know how i can use it as a macro, i mean you know with an adapter you can use the reverse of the lens etc... Where can i find such an adapter?

Thanks for your time

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, you have an excellent eye and PP skills!

The A/M switch should work: M means that the diaphragm will be closed to the f/stop on the diaphragm ring; A means that it's always wide open (the pin on the back needs to be pressed by a camera that supports this, the D700 doesn't). If it doesn't work in M, then don't be afraid, it can be repaired. But diaphragm problems are abundant with (especially the later) CZJ lenses.

Re: macro: it's probably a better idea to use (cheap and abundant) M42 extension tubes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed your shots and I agree that you have a great eye of photography, keep us posted with new shots.

Great lens too... Congrats on the purchase...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos, especially the sarcophagus. Which kind of adapter did you use ? I'm asking because I received my Pancolar (zebra M42) this week and I'm still looking out for a good adapter.
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic

Thank for the info and the kind words but my ps skills are very very limited actually.

Tharos

Thanks for the kind words.

Andreas wrote:
Great photos, especially the sarcophagus. Which kind of adapter did you use ? I'm asking because I received my Pancolar (zebra M42) this week and I'm still looking out for a good adapter.
Andreas

Andreas

Thank you Andreas, my adapter is a no chip, metal no name plate adapter, i bought it from a local seller i'm sure even he don't know what it's probably made in China. The bad thing about the adapter is i cannot reach infinity but made me look at the things closer. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very fine start and welcome. The pancolar is well liked in this forum and very highly regarded with good reason

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series! Pancolar is my all time favorite lens.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great series!
I just recently bought a Pancolar and it immediately felt like a favorite.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
nice series! i really like this lens and you have used it nicely. really like 1 and the crop of the bee--did you sharpen in pp or was this straight from the camera?
i had the same question about a macro ring and atilla was nice enough to provide me with what you need, it is Macro Coupler / Reverse Ring 49mm to 42mm and you can find it on ebay. mine has not arrived yet but i will post photos when it does.
i look forward to more from you!
tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

I sharpened it while converting the raw file to jpeg in PS even without sharpening it was more sharpen than my Nikon AF lenses.
Since i have no chance to reach to infinity i guess it's a better idea to use this lens as a macro. Do you have a link for me for the adapter,?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it was a very sharp image at 100% crop--better than ive ever gotten w same lens! i would be very intd in seeing some pictures with your samyang lens--do you like it?

re the adapter, i went on ebay and found this link and i am pretty sure its the proper adapter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/M42-MACRO-REVERSE-ADAPTER-RING-49mm-JAPAN-PENTAX-FUJICA_W0QQitemZ370276395771QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLens_Accessories?hash=item5636316afb#ht_1683wt_1167

good luck with it!
tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Tony, i'm still waiting for the Samyang, (you know they sent me the wrong mount and now the correct one is on the road to me) as soon as i got it, i'm gonna post pictures. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the samples except for #5. The hexagons are not to my liking.

The flower shot with the bee & the statue look very good.