Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Seeking guidance: CZJ Flektogon MC 6-digit serial number?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Seeking guidance: CZJ Flektogon MC 6-digit serial number? Reply with quote

I found a listing for sell a piece of allegedly new and I'm interested to bid it costing about US$350.

CARL ZEISS FLEKTOGON MC 35mm F:2.4, the allegedly best latest white MC, bearing a 6-digit serial number 118049. I was wondering if this lens is an authentic one cos' I learn from MF lenses that serial number of CZJ up to 1975 should be 8-digit of 10 million.

Can anyone help with my worry?

Anthony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome I have just moved this to a better forum so you can get some answers.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They skipped the millions-digits and started at 4 digits (or less) again. So you can find the MC Zeiss lenses with 4, 5, 6... digit numbers.

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Seeking guidance: CZJ Flektogon MC 6-digit serial number Reply with quote

anthonybutt wrote:
I found a listing for sell a piece of allegedly new and I'm interested to bid it costing about US$350.

CARL ZEISS FLEKTOGON MC 35mm F:2.4, the allegedly best latest white MC, bearing a 6-digit serial number 118049. I was wondering if this lens is an authentic one cos' I learn from MF lenses that serial number of CZJ up to 1975 should be 8-digit of 10 million.

Can anyone help with my worry?

Anthony

I bought try and sold at least 30 copies , quality is pretty stable, all at least very good and a very few even better. It is not related to serial numbers.