Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Seeking guidance: CZJ Flektogon MC 6-digit serial number?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Seeking guidance: CZJ Flektogon MC 6-digit serial number? Reply with quote

I found a listing for sell a piece of allegedly new and I'm interested to bid it costing about US$350.

CARL ZEISS FLEKTOGON MC 35mm F:2.4, the allegedly best latest white MC, bearing a 6-digit serial number 118049. I was wondering if this lens is an authentic one cos' I learn from MF lenses that serial number of CZJ up to 1975 should be 8-digit of 10 million.

Can anyone help with my worry?

Anthony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome I have just moved this to a better forum so you can get some answers.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They skipped the millions-digits and started at 4 digits (or less) again. So you can find the MC Zeiss lenses with 4, 5, 6... digit numbers.

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Seeking guidance: CZJ Flektogon MC 6-digit serial number Reply with quote

anthonybutt wrote:
I found a listing for sell a piece of allegedly new and I'm interested to bid it costing about US$350.

CARL ZEISS FLEKTOGON MC 35mm F:2.4, the allegedly best latest white MC, bearing a 6-digit serial number 118049. I was wondering if this lens is an authentic one cos' I learn from MF lenses that serial number of CZJ up to 1975 should be 8-digit of 10 million.

Can anyone help with my worry?

Anthony

I bought try and sold at least 30 copies , quality is pretty stable, all at least very good and a very few even better. It is not related to serial numbers.