Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Canon Full Frame camera to be released soon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: New Canon Full Frame camera to be released soon Reply with quote

I have learned from a sure contact that Canon is going to release the successor of the 5D soon.
It will be full frame of course, it will have an even improved CMOS 3 sensor (I know no more details, just this) and it will feature the antidust shaker system already present on the 400D.
The person I talked to saw prints made from this camera and it grants that it will even beat the 5D, for as difficult as it may seem.
The release should be imminent - most likely some date in September.

That's all that I know for now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope your source is reliable. But then, I will not be able to afford this cam anyway. Wink
Perhaps we can get a 5D cheaper then...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten wrote:
Perhaps we can get a 5D cheaper then...

I wouldn't hold your breath - here in the UK when the 400D came out, most retailers still had stocks of the 350D and there was only a ?50 GBP difference between the two cameras.

Still, this may have been just over here - we call it "Rip-off Britain" because of the high prices we pay for goods that almost everyone else gets cheaper.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe better to use film cameras for wide angle shoots than spend high amount on 5D.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A successor for the 5D is overdue I think. Canons normal time for replacement of a system is around 18 month. So the 5D is an oldtimer Wink

I don't care, I love the 5D from the first day on. Antidust, speed and more pixels is nothing I have missed until now.

Michael