Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My love
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: My love Reply with quote

Shot with Super Takumar 55 F2 RAW from lightroom and some skin tune up in photoshop. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful shots. She's a very beautiful girl - but you set her in scene with a perfection that leaves me amazed. Perfect light and composition, mate.
*wow*

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh... just "wow"...

So good... Beautiful lady.. perfect capture....

I am not into digital processing that much... But if you can put some light on what you did with PP for Skin tone...
Plus, is this captured in studio or with fill light...

Perfectly executed...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan, what can I say PERFECT, PERFECT just PERFECT ? Or I have no other words! Thank you for made my day ! This is beautiful, your model , your knowledge about photography and retouching amazing! Hopefully sometimes I able to hear something like this in New York Times "Word greatest photographers ..." I wish you from full of my heart this.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you explain to us how you did it ? Any special plugin or simple your talent ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots, beautiful girl...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, beautiful shots of a beautiful lady! You're a lucky man, Ivan!

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply guys.

Well the light setup for the scenes is simple. I shot them at my mothers office. There they have an sloped panoramic window. This day there was no sun. Total diffusion. Very cloudy. So the light in the office was very soft. Ideal for portraits. Shot in raw. Then tweaked a little in lightroom. Just colors and contrast. Exported in tiff. Noise cleaned with Dfine 2.0 (greatest noise cleaner for me) and then skin tweaked with Photoshop tools. My fiancee has made an additional make up, so the skin cleaning process was less of concern. Smile

I am very happy for the results I got. I am pleased to hear that you too are enjoying the results.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is lovely shots, very well done Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing this forum I was sure that "My love" refers to some expensive lens. I'm glad I was wrong Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like #1 but perhaps are those skin pores a bit oversharpened?
They show up like a series of tiny dots in relief and I really think that the image could do much better without them, especially on the forehead and the chin.
Also the sharpening makes the line between the chin/jaw and neck, look like cut with a knife.
For the rest, I agree, excellent lighting and exquisite model.

#2 looks like perfect to me, congratulations! Really a publication-quality effort, and wow, those brown eyes!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad my wife isn't seeing these pictures. She'd want those dragonfly
earrings in a heartbeat! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile My bird too Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sqwall, I think I have to see your first image through my CRT monitor when I will be able too. It's possible that the obnoxious sharpening effect I see on your first image is due at least in part to the LCD monitor of my laptop computer. So I suspend my judgement on this until I can look at your photo through a proper CRT monitor.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about this skin tune up. I think it's a little too much, doesn't look natural enough. Could you post original pics so we can compare?