Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica Electro 35 GTN.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Yashica Electro 35 GTN. Reply with quote

This little wonder never ceases to amaze me.

The lens on it is seriously wonderful!

(SOOO CUTE.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! this is 3D Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I really need to fix mine ASAP Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant!!
Post more please. Very Happy

BTW Please post in RF section. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... it seems I have just won a Yashica Electro GSN... Rolling Eyes I don't know the difference with this model... I hope it's just as good. If not, I will resell it Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Well... it seems I have just won a Yashica Electro GSN... Rolling Eyes I don't know the difference with this model... I hope it's just as good. If not, I will resell it Rolling Eyes

The GTN is the same as the GSN but with a black top cover ... the lens is as good Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jieffe Smile

Merelyok what film did you use?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Thanks Jieffe Smile

Merelyok what film did you use?

Expired Velvia 50 Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I guessed right, in my own mind - I said to myself: "Velvia for sure. Skin colors are red, and the other colors are vibrant hues." Wink

I love the cat image especially, with its reduced depth of field and tack-sharp results!

The IS a treasure of a camera and lens!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings ,
My father has an Electro 35 GSN in great condition and i want to save her from the lonlyless of the selve .
I found out in the net alternate types of batteries and i think is quite easy to manufacture an adapter .
I wanted your advice in films thow because i have no idea about it .
Can you recommend any ?
I d like to use the camera both in low light conditions and good light and i`ll try Bw to .
I also read somewhere ( cant find the link now ) that you can `fool` the camera by selecting a different iso film than the one that is loaded and
achieve differnent speeds or so ( since it is a aperture priority only ) . Is that correct and if so how does it affects the exposure ?

Excuse me if i ask silly questions but i never worked with film .

Thanks a lot .

Panos .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Films are a question of taste. I use mainly Ilford films for black & white. I'm afraid I don't shoot much colour but the Fuji brand seems to be popular.

It's easy to shoot the film at a different iso than indicated on the film. Some films do this better than others. I'm currently shooting a roll of FP4 which is 125iso film. I've set the camera to 100 iso so all my shots will come out slightly overexposed. You simply adjust the development time accordingly, but you must shoot the whole roll at the same setting. And of course tell the lab this.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked

what to say?

brilliant!!

tf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slide and Yashica Electro winner combination ! Congrats for your stunning images!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again Very Happy
I got the battery and some cheap films to enter the film world .
I picked up the camera from my fathers house and it really looks great .
I havent made an adapter for the battery yet so i dont know if lightmeter works and i probably will know ( if it is accurare mostly ) after the development of the first film .
The only problem i got is that the camera deffently needs a light seal kit which i already ordered .
If i cover the back with tape do you think i will be able to shoot ( seal the camera for now ) ?
I cant wait for the seal kit to arrive Razz
By the way the film i got are slide sensia 200 , superia 800 and bw400cn .

Thanks for your time ,

Panos .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensia 200 was huge disappointment to me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Films are a question of taste. I use mainly Ilford films for black & white. I'm afraid I don't shoot much colour but the Fuji brand seems to be popular.

It's easy to shoot the film at a different iso than indicated on the film. Some films do this better than others. I'm currently shooting a roll of FP4 which is 125iso film. I've set the camera to 100 iso so all my shots will come out slightly overexposed. You simply adjust the development time accordingly, but you must shoot the whole roll at the same setting. And of course tell the lab this.

Well done in B&W !!! You expose for the shadows and develop for the high lights, and compress reducing the developed time for that. Excelent !!!

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Sensia 200 was huge disappointment to me

Well i d like to get Velvia 50 but i thought it would be a waste of a very good film for tests shots .
The weather is rainy the last few days and cloudy so with a max speed of 1/30 i dont think i could shoot neither correctly nor the film would perform its best .
Sensia 200 seemed a `secure` choise as it was not so expensive is 200 iso and it is fuji Razz
What about my question ?
Do you think some tape could `cover` the light seal kit for a few days or i should wait for the kit to arrive from USA ?

Panos .

PS I forgot to mention that i also got a sunpak gx 24 flash from my father with the camera . It has a round switch so you can choose iso distance etc . I had no idea that a so old flash could do so .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/japanese/pentax_mx/

sensia 200, light was ideal beautiful sunny day. Result is more than crap from a slide film.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/japanese/pentax_mx/

sensia 200, light was ideal beautiful sunny day. Result is more than crap from a slide film.

I must say that these fotos of the sensia ( the result not the composition or the lightmetering ) are well . . . crap compared to the shots of the velvia 50.
I still think it was a good choise for me thow since it will be a test slide along the other films to decide if i like shooting film .

Best regards ,

Panos .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ,
well i got some good and some bad news . . .
I had time today to play with the camera .
The good news i made a battery adapter out of a few 1 cent coins and some tape and the battery check and the lightmeter worked .
After that i began cleaning the camera and i noticed a foggie viewfinder which made me check thorougly the lens .
As it seems there is some fungus in the lense ( i never saw before it seems something like a spider web or so ) to the upper right corner .
Im sad because i cant clean in on my own but since it is my fathers camera i ll probably try to find a pro to fix it for me . The fun part is that the lense beside the fungus seems almost as new there is almost no dust .
i think that the viewfinder must got fungus aswell since there is some on the lense Sad(

Panos .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodmorning ,
i just got a phonecall from the pro i gave my electro for a cleaning and check .
It will be ready tommorow .
He said he cleaned up both the lense and the viewfinder and also checked the lightmeter .
The lightmeter as he told me works perfectly .
The cost is 40 Euros . I didnt asked him if he changed the lightseals but its ok since i already ordered a set and i will have it in a few days .
I know it s a bit expensive but the camera has sentimental value so i would fixed it anyway .
I hope i m not boring anyone with my electro trouble .

Thanks and merry christmas ,

Panos .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Yashica Electro 35 GTN. Reply with quote

merelyok wrote:
This little wonder never ceases to amaze me.

The lens on it is seriously wonderful!

(SOOO CUTE.)

Hi,

I liked these pictures, really! The colours are warm and i like it.What kind of film did you use for them?
I have the russian copy of Yashica Electro 35, but i haven't use it for years. May be, i should Smile)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panos wrote:

The cost is 40 Euros . I didnt asked him if he changed the lightseals but its ok since i already ordered a set and i will have it in a few days .
I know it s a bit expensive but the camera has sentimental value so i would fixed it anyway .

It's it definitely worth it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodmorning all Very Happy
I m waiting Monday to receive my first roll shot with my GSN Very Happy
It was actually shoting without replacing the light seals because i just couldnt wait so i realy dont know what i shot althow i had the original case on witch covers the back .
I m going to try to install the light seal kit tomorow morning .
I read that the whole Electro series can time alone to 30 secs shutter speed .
Is that true ? I havent try to do so until now . . .
Anyway the tecnician as it seems did a really good job on removing the fungus and the viewfinder it is almost crystal clear concidering it s condition before . I ll have to shoot a couple of films more thow to see if he did a good job with the lightmeter and i still wont be sure as films have an exposure tolerance of 3 stops if i m not mistaken .

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year my friends .

Panos .

Ps The first film was a superia 800 i asked the minilab to transfer the photos on a cd rom too so i ll try to post if i shot anything worth seeing .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got a hand-me-down gsn that isn't working - and hasn't for years. but it apparently is in excellent shape going by appearance. you guys have got me to thinking ...