Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A lens between 20-30mm in CY mount...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: A lens between 20-30mm in CY mount... Reply with quote

Hello guys.

In a few days, i will receive a Contax RX (than you so much Orio) and I'm searching for a good wide angle in C/Y mount... arround the 100€

I see the Yashica ML 28mm...another option that you know??

Thank you and regards!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are interested in the Yashica ML 2.8/28, I am selling mine for 50 Euros + shipping + paypal fee (which should be around 3 Eur)

Other options within the 100 Euros limit could be the Yashica ML 35mm (but it's not as good as the 28mm), or the Tamron 28mm and 24mm Adaptall 2 (but you will have to buy the adapter ring).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good price Orio...I will study other options when more people answer the thread.
I keep you on advise Wink

Regards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not regret the RX. I have never handled a better SLR.

You're fairly spoiled for choice at the wide end here. I like the 35mm ML, it's a good sharp lens, slightly cooler than its Contax cousin in the 35mm Distagon (and if you get a chance to get the D35 at a good price, a bit above your budget for sure, bite the seller's arm off to get it), but a good lens all the same.

The 28mm ML is renowned, and for good reason. It doesn't quite match the D28, but then, few lenses do. Prices on the 28mm ML have been creeping up, almost certainly because some loud-mouthed idiots have been blurting out how good it is. Fortunately, I got mine before the secret spread too far!

If you like the wider side of wide, the Yashica 21mm ML is top notch, but it's a fair bit over your budget, as well as being fairly hard to track down. I think it a better lens than the 20mm Flektogon (I have both of these lenses), which of late has been fetching prices far in excess of its relative optical merit, in my opinion, when compared with the 21/3.5 ML.

Thinking of Flektogons, you also have the option of the 35/2.4, though once again I am seeing 35mm Fleks fetching four times what I paid two years ago, and around double your budget. You'd need a converter for M42/CY, of course, and you'd end up with stop-down metering and loss of auto-diaphragm function, and that may be a significant factor for you depending on your primary photographic interests.

For the budget you have, my inclination would be to stick with native CY mounts in the Yashica ML line. They won't let you down.

I'm not experienced in too many other marques, though I'd pay serious attention to any recommendations you get here for Takumars in M42, once again if you can live with a mount adapter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like every single ML lens I own.
The ML 28 is the best buy for the buck.
Take it without hesitation.
The ML 24 and 21 go over 100 Euros only ML 35 is under 50 Euros.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know that there are M42 to C/Y adapters available?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank for the answers.

I know the m42-CY adapters, but i'm searching some in the native CY mount... and the ML's are very tentable.

I would like something like the ML21, but I'm searching a "very cheap" lens because I won't use the film camera "every day" like the digital... and for landscapes in B&W, I think that the ML 28 it's perfect.

When I receive the camera and I have test it with my Zeiss, I will buy the ML.... and if Orio have it in these moment, I will buy his unit

Regards