Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

voigtlander/zeiss telomar 400/5 first samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: voigtlander/zeiss telomar 400/5 first samples Reply with quote

Managed to make a reversable mount mod for the 400 this weekend by boring out and old m42 teleconverter on the lathe to 52mm (glass removed ) and fit that into the place of the icarex mount
it fasten's with 3 hex grubscrews like the original mount and is reversable with no mod to the lensebarrel
focus is from 6meter to infinity
mallberry leafes at f5.6 and giant sterlitzia leaf at f8with harsh sunlight ,angled backlit at about 10 and 15meter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting modification that you did, thanks for sharing the details.
I would really love to see some pics of South Africa, especially of the native trees.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, not bad.

Its very nice to have a lathe !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Rusty --- !!

Nice examples! Smile

I have been to Mosselbay Smile) and Victoria Bay as well .. these two places are to die for...

you know Oudtshoorn and Klein Karoo Festival -- I played at that festival in 2006 with one guy who took me to South Africa Smile

if you can send a pictures of the coast where the steam train runs - I'll be crying...

I have never ever had a nicer trip than to South Africa..

tf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Interesting modification that you did, thanks for sharing the details.
I would really love to see some pics of South Africa, especially of the native trees.

That will be my pleasure Very Happy ...Will get of my backend, grab some tak's and go native tree hunting in the next few days (that wil keep me from doing test shots out of the livingroom window of trees in my back garden ! Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
hi Rusty --- !!

Nice examples! Smile

I have been to Mosselbay Smile) and Victoria Bay as well .. these two places are to die for...

you know Oudtshoorn and Klein Karoo Festival -- I played at that festival in 2006 with one guy who took me to South Africa Smile

if you can send a pictures of the coast where the steam train runs - I'll be crying...
I have never ever had a nicer trip than to South Africa..tf

Vic bay is great.....and i was at the festival in 2006 for one day only ! Crying or Very sad
you must come back soon and visit again......The steamtrain (the Knysna tjoe tjoe as it is called locally) will make it's last run from Knysna to Mosselbay in the next few days
Apparently the rail is owned by the dep of transport but the train is private and they are getting charged so much for using the rail that it is not viable anymore... and we are losing another good photo op Embarassed
I will be there to try and record the last trip and get some good coastal images for you Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Hey, not bad.

Its very nice to have a lathe !

Very Happy Very Happy if i get stuck, a good friend of mine has a whole milling and turning small engineering workshop in his basement (he makes his own woodworking planes and tools )Very Happy
Very handy to have!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rusty"]
trifox wrote:
hi Rusty --- !!

I will be there to try and record the last trip and get some good coastal images for you Very Happy

Oh, no!! The train is going away.. No!

when we stayed on the Vic Bay I was thinking about this: that is a magic view - I can see Indian ocean and behind the horizon is only South Pole!

Magic - forever!

Rusty, you must go there to take the train Smile

thanks

tf