Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus E-330, Yashica ML 50mm 1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Olympus E-330, Yashica ML 50mm 1.9 Reply with quote

A nice and sharp lens, even not up to the Zeiss levels.
I missed the bockeh samples, that I'll do tomorrow probably.

afternoon walk by the sea in my village:

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Color rendering is nice , but pretty un sharp. Let we see some close-up picture too.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Color rendering is nice , but pretty un sharp. Let we see some close-up picture too.

Yes, it's not as sharp as the Planar.
I'll take some closeups for you Smile

Thanks for your comment, Attila!.

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Color rendering is nice , but pretty un sharp.

That's what I found about my Yashica 50/1.9, too. It's less sharp than, say, a Super Takumar 50/1.8, especially in the corners. It does have that characteristic swirly bokeh though (unlike Takumars), and that's what many are after these days.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes
These are nice shots and you live in a totally desirable place - but you are right about unsharp. I have the 50/1.7 and the 50/2, both of which are far far sharper than this. Does anyone else have a 50/1.9 with this result?

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments, Aoleg and Patrick,

This lens came long ago as a "body cap" of a Yashica SLR. Since it has the C/Y mount, I wanted to compare it with the CZ Planar, but the Yashica seems to be far away from the Planar (and even from the Helios 44-2), so probably I'll give it a retirement. I got too many nice 50mm lenses already, so no need to keep it if does not perform really well.

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to own one many years ago, I would agree with patrickh and say the 50/2, or 50/1.7 is far sharper, Mattias (Prometheus) has had some excellent results with his 50/2, I haven't used mine that much but was pretty pleased with it, and I remember the 50/1.7 as a superb all round lens, wish I still had it Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
I used to own one many years ago, I would agree with patrickh and say the 50/2, or 50/1.7 is far sharper, Mattias (Prometheus) has had some excellent results with his 50/2, I haven't used mine that much but was pretty pleased with it, and I remember the 50/1.7 as a superb all round lens, wish I still had it Very Happy

Thanks for your comment, I'll have the eye ready for the case such a nice lens appear... Wink.

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Jes
These are nice shots and you live in a totally desirable place - but you are right about unsharp. I have the 50/1.7 and the 50/2, both of which are far far sharper than this. Does anyone else have a 50/1.9 with this result?
patrickh

I have a Yashica DSB 2/55 and in spite of the DSB label, it's really sharp, in one test of my 50mm lenses made 2-3 years ago, it turned out to be one of the sharpest.
I don't sell it because of the DSB label, people would think it's bad so I would not make any money... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The color is rich and creamy, even in the seashore images. If it was sharper, coupled with that nice look of color, it would be outstanding!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence
The two I mentioned are just that - good colors and OOF and sharp.

Smile Smile Smile

patrickh