Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 200mm f/3.5 comming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Takumar 200mm f/3.5 comming Reply with quote

Yesterday I found this one on ebay.

I saw some information telling this one has 16 diaphragm blades. Am I wrong?

I don't know if exists any other version of this lens with thar blades number and if this one isn't that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Takumar 200mm f/3.5 comming Reply with quote

Lazzaros wrote:
Yesterday I found this one on ebay.

I saw some information telling this one has 16 diaphragm blades. Am I wrong?

I don't know if exists any other version of this lens with thar blades number and if this one isn't that.

I have the same lens and it has indeed more than 15 blades (in fact I stopped counting after 15... Smile It has a perfect round diaphragm. But I haven't used it yet, I have so many lenses to try Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this one - I think its what you are getting.

http://forum.mflenses.com/old-takumar-200-3-5-preset-frankensteins-monster-t12424,highlight,takumar+200.html

Very nice lens I think. It should make a fine portrait lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy was really crapy, Luis can make magic virtually with any lens... so be careful Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks very good to me. I really want to test it in my portraits.

Some exterior portraits with my girlfriend. I'm going to Paris next month. I'll try to catch that glamour feeling Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It arrived. What an amazing lens. With original leather bag and hood (metal one.. Very Happy)

It is a little bit huge but the feeling is great. Amazing 16 blades, crystal optics.

I saw one going for 150€ + shipping on ebay and I got mine for 27€ + shipping... I think it is a bargain! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take some shoot first Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for my M42 adaptor. I sold mine today to a friend... He needed it with hurry.

As soon as I get mine I'll take some shoots Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really curious I cross my fingers to get different experience what I have.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope too. Smile

I have hope I will have some great results. Luis did some nice works with one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazzaros wrote:
I hope too. Smile

I have hope I will have some great results. Luis did some nice works with one.

Luis make nice result with crappy glasses too, he handle masterly lights and any low quality lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, even it my copy sucks I'll try to do my best. If I took some nice pictures with my Canon 18-55 crappy plastic lens... I'll do with this one too. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazzaros wrote:
So, even it my copy sucks I'll try to do my best. If I took some nice pictures with my Canon 18-55 crappy plastic lens... I'll do with this one too. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Go ahead! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lazzaros,

I like this one, it has a good feel in the hand and it seems reliable for critical focus. Mine is in very bad condition, a "frankenstein mosnter" back from the dead, your should be better.

I also don't expect very sharp results at f/3.5, but that is mostly for focusing or pretending to take pictures of pretty girls in a dark cafe. Or, wait, you do a lot of that, don't you ? Lucky devil !