Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Protection film for LCDs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Protection film for LCDs Reply with quote

I need to protect the LCD of my 50D before it gets scratched. I don't know of specific 50D products yet, so I was thinking about that film sheet that you can cut to your requirement, do any of you know a seller that has it for sale?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look a PDA screen protector it is available at any dealer. Strong and easy to cut the right size.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have put a display protector on my 40D some days after I got it, you know this transparent film.
But I do not like the little bubbles underneath that cannot be completely avoided.

Some days ago, I have ordered a screen protector made from optical glass."GGS LCD screen protector is using ultra thin optical glass and special processing, it is high transparency, anti-scrape, anti-bump, anti-aging and easy to install."

Something like that: Click here to see on Ebay

If it fits on the 40D screen, it should also fit on the 50D screen, shouldn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

If it fits on the 40D screen, it should also fit on the 50D screen, shouldn't it?

I have no idea, unfortunately I don't have a 40D to compare.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EOS 40D

EOS 50D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in fact they look more identical than similar Laughing

I'll see if I can find something like this in Europe - receiveing things from Asia is awkward here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wish, I could forward one to you.
But it also needs about 14 days to receive an item from Asia here in Germany. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of suppliers in the UK

www.picstop.co.uk

They haven't got anything for the 50D yet but all the other cCanons are covered - the 50D can only be a matter of time. I've used them for various things, batteries, memory cards etc. and they have been OK.

www.digitalmediastore.co.uk

No recommendation - it just turned up in a quick search.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio,
what do you think of the 50d's 920,000 dot lcd screen for liveview?
I find myself using mine for focusing the 40d's 230,000 dot screen when on tripod... for everything, not just macro. I find liveview more accurate than my ef-s screen with handheld. I wish I knew that 50d was coming out when it did!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
Orio,
what do you think of the 50d's 920,000 dot lcd screen for liveview?

I don't use it. Live View is unuseable for hand-held photography: it shakes like crazy, seems like the earthquake in Martinica. Rolling Eyes Plus it eats the batteries in no time. I reckon that still life photographers can and probably do find it very useful (although they would probably shoot directly with the computer). For me, it's useless. I would have preferred if Canon invested in other features.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
... I would have preferred if Canon invested in other features.

Yes, for example in a really excellent split image screen, so that we do not need to buy the expensive Katzeyes. Wink

I got the display protector today (already). It is excellent, really recommendable!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

I got the display protector today (already). It is excellent, really recommendable!

I first try the film. Should it prove annoying, I'll get the protector too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a picture of the protector. It's really great.

No bubbles, no cutting, fits perfecty and offers a great transparency.