Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old Emilian stable
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Old Emilian stable Reply with quote

This is a typical old stable near Parma. I have seen a lot of these. This is the typical Emilian stable build, with colums. They are true little architecture masterpieces in their own way. They come from an age where the sense of the beautiful was inside everyone, and was applied to everything, including the stables.

Unfortunately, this is also the testimony of a type of building that is disappearing. They are being destroyed in order to either build modern stables, or to just build big apartment buildings.

So I feel in the urge of documenting these stables before they completely disappear from my province.

I am very proud of this series as a document to save for future generation, that would otherwise never know about the farmers life of their grandfathers:

www.oriofoto.net/temp/stalla-emiliana/index.html

P.S. EOS 5D and Flektogon 2.8/20
-

Last edited by Orio on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymore wrote:
Great documentation Orio. Thanks for sharing.
Did you get any shots from the outside of the building?

I was going to, but the camera battery expired Mad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! The Flek is wiiiiiide on the 5D! Great captures, Orio.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series. Alas, our society seems to have lost the sense of the beautiful in buildings and ourselves.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those stable are wide and dark!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
those stable are wide and dark!

I kept an underexposure of 1/2 to 1 f/stop throughout all shoots compared to the matrix metering. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stables look like a cathedral! Shocked Awesome series, Orio! Cool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos, Orio ! And that Flek... no I can not see any deformation unlike my AF kit lens on a APS-C sensor camera.

It's a shame to see all these buidings dissapear. Those stables could be a nice place for an art gallery with paintings and phots (remined me of this http://www.foto-magazin.ro/weblogap/archives/2008/05/ http://www.fleurysien.com/manoirs/caen.php ), or a small concert hall (chamber music ?), or a nice quiet cafe or even a pub. If there would be will (especially from those who are taking the decisions) than everyting would be possible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sometimes they turn them into restaurants here... but the often do not respect the original architecture anymore Sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Italian architecture is indeed impressive.
Even the horses had grand buildings.
Should be in everyones interest to preserve a place like this.

Great photos!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio
Even by your standards this is a wonderful treat in photography and architecture. Many thanks for sharing with us

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

I am really happy with these results. I obtained exactly the atmosphere that I felt there (as opposed to what could be seen) and that I wanted to render.
Maybe it's not much obvious but there is a big work of measuring exposure behind each of these shots. I can really say I applied creative light metering here. None of the pictures here is what the matrix metering told me to do. Being from the "old school" I want to render an atmosphere with light metering work rather than with Photoshop. There is no Photoshop in these photos. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orio ---

I am really impressed of this pics !!! The Flek 20 is perfect lens on 5D...

The lights and shadows --- I like them a lot

thanks for sharing ...

tf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, pretty impressive shots. The architecture is nice too.
The lens is legendary, so the combination must be mighty.

A great show, Orio. Keep coming please. Very Happy