Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar 28/3,5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Super Takumar 28/3,5 Reply with quote

Mi wife bought this lens.

28 mm don't like my very much. I prefer 35 or 20, but she likes it. Rolling Eyes

It seems to me to be prone to flare. It's not SMC.

Is it OK or not?

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good lens - resolution and color are right up there, not much to choose between this, the SMC 28/3.5 and the SMC-A 28/2.8 (though the SMC-A is a hair better).

But opinions vary about Pentax 28mm lenses. I like them fine, but perhaps they aren't the Best In The World...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nesster, very much.

Very clear.

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had S-M-C 28/3.5 and I sold it. I tried better, but worse, too.

Vivitars 28/2.8 and 28/1.9 were better, Viv. 28/2.5 the same or worse...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm not very friend of Taks. (except SMC 50/1,4) The sup tak 50/1,4 was my father's favorite lens in the 60's.

But my wife used to making decisions without consulting. Good, I also, do but it better Confused

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Yes, I'm not very friend of Taks. (except SMC 50/1,4) The sup tak 50/1,4 was my father's favorite lens in the 60's.

But my wife used to making decisions without consulting. Good, I also, do but it better Confused

Rino.

Keep that wife. She's making wise decisions! Razz

BTW, what about a marriage of the mechanics of the Takumars with the optics of Carl Zeiss Jena? This would result in the best lenses ever made Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 28/3.5, it's a nice lens. It was one of my favourites when I had one on a Spotmatic many years ago.

If she decides to sell it, I'll buy it Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
estudleon wrote:

Rino.

Keep that wife. She's making wise decisions! Razz

BTW, what about a marriage of the mechanics of the Takumars with the optics of Carl Zeiss Jena? This would result in the best lenses ever made Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Perhaps, but I would say to him that takumar mechanic divorces and marries with optician of leica M Laughing Wink

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one.

Thats one of those I use (plus the Tak 35/3.5 and 55/1.Cool when I don't want to fool around. Thats what I use for Christmas pictures, graduations, etc.

The rest are for playing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all takumars I have tried from 35 to 85mm except the new (small) 35/2... it's good at f/2, but all other 35mm taks are better at f/5-f/8.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
I have one.

Thats one of those I use (plus the Tak 35/3.5 and 55/1.Cool when I don't want to fool around. Thats what I use for Christmas pictures, graduations, etc.

The rest are for playing.

Wow!!

I think that all was only play. But you show me another reality. Thank Luis. I have in very high consideration your seriousness and knowledge .

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we'll all go looking for one Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Watch the prices soar on fleaB. I just got a perfect condition 50/1.4 SuperTak for $35, can't wait to try it out.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the years I have owned most of the Pentax 28mm lenses. I found the best to be the SMC Pentax-A f2.8 which is the one I use now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
Over the years I have owned most of the Pentax 28mm lenses. I found the best to be the SMC Pentax-A f2.8 which is the one I use now.

Rob, while I haven't owned as wide an array as you, I've come to the same conclusion.

I use the SMC Tak on the ES II however. And I wouldn't kick the Super out of the camera bag either. (I'll probably give that one to my daughter eventually to go with her SP1000)

It's just that, with the SMC-A having the speed advantage and a small resolution advantage, there's less of a case for the Taks. (I found the color and contrast of the three similar, and less technicolor than most Pentax lenses)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I don't I understood bad, my dear wife didn't too wrong. Shocked

And then we can say that the Super Tak 28 is in the middle position. Not the worse of all (it's better than the meyer 29/2,Cool nor the best.

In others words, she will take pics using a lens with "normal" yield.