Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Neighbourhood Apple Pressing...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Neighbourhood Apple Pressing... Reply with quote

... shot with the Takumar 1.4/50 (mostly).

We have a nicely organized and supportive neighbourhood in our little village.
Some of us cultivate and foster a row of apple trees together. This weekend we could harvest and press the apples for some fresh juice and must.

Of course, I took the chance to shoot some pics.
I brought the EF-S 17-85 and the Takumar 1.4/50 since I was expecting poor light conditions.

I have shot some pics with the Electro 35, but these have to go to the lab first.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a fun day. There was a factory worker, a policeman, a teacher, a university professor of linuguistics, a historian, an office clerk and some housewives working hand in hand.

And this apple juice tastes like heaven!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series Carsten.
You live in utopia Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice reportage Carsten! I would like to taste this non industrial fresh apple juice!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series Carsten. Do you allow any of it to ferment?

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series!
And I love the details.
Love these provincial life descriptions!
The Tak is great but we already know that Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys.

patrickh wrote:
Great series Carsten. Do you allow any of it to ferment?

No, Patrick. I don't think so. (I don't even know if that would be legal in Germany without an offical licence.)
We have offered some "must" (freshly pressed juice) but have heated most of it in order to pasteurize it.
And we sell it for €6,- / 10 litres to our neighbourhood. The money will be used to buy things we need to cultivate the trees.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series - I love apples. Smile

We make chutney with most of ours, although I think it is legal to make cider in small quantities. Maybe next year. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Carsten, you did wanderfull!!

I like the serie. I like the activity and the people's attitude. Did Tomas Moro know you and your friends? Smile

Regards, Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice neighbourhood.. Thanx a lot for the pics..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the "utopia". I hope we don't live in one, since all utopian models in literature finally turned out to be a failure... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten, Thanks for the series. It really brings back good memories of my home country.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
About the "utopia". I hope we don't live in one, since all utopian models in literature finally turned out to be a failure... Wink

Yes. But the hope of the existence of the utopias, make us much more happy. "One man of my street told me that he had a friend who told him that one day saw a man that once was happy" said an old song by J.M. Serrat (spanish singer).

The better for you and your friends. Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
"One man of my street told me that he had a friend who told him that one day saw a man that once was happy"

Excellent. I like that. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something I really like.

A group of citizens goes together to make something, instead off sitting indside and complain about there is to many apples on the lawn this year.

Nice pictures also.

Way to go Very Happy