Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A walk with CZJ Flektogon 4/25
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: A walk with CZJ Flektogon 4/25 Reply with quote

The recent talk about the 25 Flek made me took this lens for my walk out this morning:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26917388@N00/sets/72157607773366167/

-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Were they cropped?

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Nice. Were they cropped?

No, no crop. Full frame images.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your lens is fantastic. I don't see the problems at the borders that had Barata in his posts with the flekt 25.

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Nice Reply with quote

I love Ziess glass, as do many others. Unfortunatley I only own one Ziess lens the (Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm F2.8 M42 Zebra) I love this lens. I only shoot film and the images are excellent.

Thanks for posting the pics. I plan on adding the D90 to my collection soon and I was curious how the lens may perform.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Nice Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
I love Ziess glass, as do many others. Unfortunatley I only own one Ziess lens the (Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm F2.8 M42 Zebra) I love this lens. I only shoot film and the images are excellent.

Thanks for posting the pics. I plan on adding the D90 to my collection soon and I was curious how the lens may perform.

Spiral, you will not be able to use this lens on your D90 - at least not without an optical adapter, which I don't advice to use, especially on this type of lens.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Your lens is fantastic. I don't see the problems at the borders that had Barata in his posts with the flekt 25.

Mine is a "Aus Jena" lens (western export) and the quality control on them was better.
These were taken wide open:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26917388@N00/2916816004/sizes/o/in/set-72157607773366167/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26917388@N00/2916816638/sizes/o/in/set-72157607773366167/

As you can see, there is a slight light falloff but the IQ decay in the corner is absolutely normal for a 25mm lens.
Plus the first shot displays a good 3D quality.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Nice Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
spiralcity wrote:

Spiral, you will not be able to use this lens on your D90 - at least not without an optical adapter, which I don't advice to use, especially on this type of lens.

Well, I do have a Nereus glass element adapter that allows infinity focusing. I was planning on trying my Zeiss and many other m42 lenses on the Nikon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Nice Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:

Well, I do have a Nereus glass element adapter that allows infinity focusing. I was planning on trying my Zeiss and many other m42 lenses on the Nikon.

With an optical adapter, you will not reach the original quality of the Jena lenses. I know because I have one. You'll better set investing in manual Nikkors instead.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Nice Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
spiralcity wrote:

With an optical adapter, you will not reach the original quality of the Jena lenses. I know because I have one. You'll better set investing in manual Nikkors instead.

I agree. You have three possibilities:

- Buy a D90 and go for manuel Nikkors. They are also excellent.
- Buy some old Zeiss glass and get a Canon EOS.
- Buy either cam and spend some real money the new Zeiss "Z" lenses. Wink

Either way will be fun. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot: Excellent shots, Orio! What a nice lens (and what a good eye for light!)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
estudleon wrote:

Mine is a "Aus Jena" lens (western export) and the quality control on them was better.

My 20/4 is "aus jena" too. And it's very sharp at center (with borders so-so), nice pics at F/11 and 16. Aus jena "control" did it? Then, may be you're right.

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my "aus Jena" copies were great copies.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
spiralcity wrote:

Thanks for the info Orio.
I own plenty of Nikon lenses , so I have no worry there. I just want to test all my M42's on the D90 and see how they perform. I read on another forum the K10D perfoms very well with the screw mount adaptor, I was hoping that Nikon is up to the test.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
All my "aus Jena" copies were great copies.

Only in Pancolar 50/1,8 I have both (aus jena and made...). I'm waiting the pics in slides taken with the two lenses to compare. The MC of the aus Jena is much more dark, more intense. I don't beleave in the better quality of the aus jena, but if I see around me it seems . . . . .

Rino. (The young man with the old name) Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Nice Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Orio wrote:
spiralcity wrote:

I agree. You have three possibilities:

- Buy a D90 and go for manuel Nikkors. They are also excellent.
- Buy some old Zeiss glass and get a Canon EOS.
- Buy either cam and spend some real money the new Zeiss "Z" lenses. Wink

Either way will be fun. Very Happy

Sorry, I dont want to get off topic but I plan on purchasing my first DSLR.
Am I to understand that the XTI Rebel will handle my M42's quite well?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the XTI handles M42 lenses well.