Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

4 hrs to go (ends 22/05 - 17:14): Tamron 2.5/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: 4 hrs to go (ends 22/05 - 17:14): Tamron 2.5/28 Reply with quote

Tamron 2.5/28

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, my copy is garbage worst Tamron what I ever had. All 28mm lenses in my collection is much better.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is very good, but only after f/5.6. At wider apertures it has a lot of vignetting.
But since people usually uses a 28mm lens to get a deep DOF, it can still be a useful outdoors lens.

Another thing to mention is that the buyer will need an adaptall ring to make use of it. I paid my (brand new) M42 adaptall 40 Euros, so they are not exactly cheap.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a whole shot taken now with the aperture half way between f/5.6 and f/8:

And this is a 100% not sharpened crop from the focused area:

As you can see the quality of detail is impressive. I'd rank it second only to Leica detail. Of course, you can use the Leica lenses wide open, and this makes the big difference (also in the price!)

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It went for just € 13.40!

Description: http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/02B.html

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Wow! That was a bargain!
Mine wasn't bad either... I paid it 40, but it was new, sealed.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

hey, that's cool!
The link you have pasted... it basically says the same things I have found and reported... "good performance at f/5.6 and smaller apertures"!

I should review lenses for a pay! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
...I should review lenses for a pay! Laughing

Actually, there is no real reason to laugh. You really should do that!
You have gathered more than enough experience and you've got a talent to write texts that are as entertaining as informative!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Actually, there is no real reason to laugh. You really should do that!
You have gathered more than enough experience and you've got a talent to write texts that are as entertaining as informative!

Oh, no. That wouldn't be serious. I don't have any scientifical background to support me. I'm just a lens dabbler Razz

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I guess many users and lens collectors would rather like to read about the epxeriences of another user than try to decipher scientific diagrammes.

Some guys need those standardized tests. But even there you can never be sure if there hasn't been any bribery by manufacturers.

"Tests" of old lenses are free of that accusations, since there is hardly any advantage for the companies.

I think it would be a great idea to have a kind of e-magazine that deals with lens tests of manual lenses - something that Attila has already started.

We should agree on some kind of standards and assist him - if we find the time, that is!

It would be great to have a kind of matrix to grade lenses together or rather individually and then have the average result calculated.

My first idea would be some votes on lenses that are pretty common.
We would need a vote for each lens in this case.

I guess I'm going to start that... (My students are writing an in-class test at the moment Wink ).