Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 1.7 50mm on NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD 1.7 50mm on NEX-3 Reply with quote

Really sharp lens with good colours and contrast.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look bad at all...
I received yesterday a Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 50mm f/1.7. It appears to be rather soft, but with nice colours and not too bad bokeh.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems pretty nice indeed!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are several 50/1.7 made by Minolta
Most of them are very good with nice bokeh colors and usually also decent sharpness.

But I guess the Minolta MD 50/2 is best lens Minolta in the price class - sharp, very good colors/contrast and very good CA control already wide open.

Last edited by ForenSeil on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is the Rokkor-PF I think, I'll have to dig it out of the bag and check.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First shot is razor sharp....

I got mine with the X300s, around 1980. A few weeks ago, when I picked it to do some testing, I found it had plenty of fungus. A pity!.
Time to try to unfungus another lens... Sad

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
First shot is razor sharp....

I got mine with the X300s, around 1980. A few weeks ago, when I picked it to do some testing, I found it had plenty of fungus. A pity!.
Time to try to unfungus another lens... Sad

Regards.
Jes.

It is very easy to clean this lens. Mine had fungus, hence I got it very cheap, I had to remove both front and rear groups to clean it all out, which was very simple, no screws to remove, just some retaining rings. 30 mins with some ISO alcohol and Q-tips and it cleaned up perfectly, as you can see from the results.

My Rokkor 2/45 also had fungus and that was very easy to clean too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ian.

Mine is a modern one and has some screws to remove.
I've setup a small tutorial here: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1214681.html#1214681

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, yes, yours is different to mine, yours has a similar construction to the Rokkor 2/45 I cleaned.

Hope your lens shoot perfect now it's clean!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Aha, yes, yours is different to mine, yours has a similar construction to the Rokkor 2/45 I cleaned.

Hope your lens shoot perfect now it's clean!

Thanks!, I hope it so Smile

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also prefer the MD 50 f2. I have 2 versions of the 50 1.7 the Mc Rokkor X Pf 50 1.7 and the Md Rokkor X 50 1.7, both in 55mm.
Very easy lens to missfocus, only a hair between dead focus and a soft image.
The final MD version is the one I want. Wide open at f1.7, Md X version, slightly missfocused. Resized, slight contrast boost, and standard sharpening. On Panasonic G1.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the Rokkor-PF (they didn't use the X in Europe).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid 70's should be the same coatings as my Mc Rokkor X PF. The Md rokkor X 55mm has newer coatings.