MFlenses - A new life in a digital age
MFLenses 2026

Manual Focus Lenses Forum

Explore the world of vintage lenses through repair notes, real test shots, and detailed archive threads packed with images.

Explore the world of vintage lenses through repair notes, real test shots, and detailed archive threads packed with images.
DiskFreeVault safely moves Mac apps and data to external storage.
Spotlight

Featured partner placement for the forum front page.

[Swap] My near mint 'Fat' Biotar 75mm f/1.5 Exakta for a M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  


Reply

I want to use my 75mm f/1.5 Biotar more! But unfortunately... I'm a Pentaxian and I can only use the Biotar for close-up shots because of its Exakta mount. That's very limiting. I really don't want to modify its infinity setting. It's a long shot, but if there's someone out there interested in swapping his/her M42-mount 75mm Biotar for my near mint (i.e. almost indistinguishable from new with original caps) Biotar with Exakta mount...? I expect one in a similar condition or a copy with some more marks (+ money).

I'll probably just sell it and buy a M42 version afterwards...



Reply

hello

if you sell it ,tell me the price ,i'm very interesting

exakta goes very well on EOS


Reply

I don't think US$750 is out of line for a lens this nice. I have checked eBay for recent prices but almost all of them are really in a used shape (not that this is a bad thing for an user lens). My Biotar is easily in mint minus condition, has smooth focusing and a perfectly working diaphragm.


Reply

I can confirm 750 USD is fair price or lower than that.


Reply

Looks like a very nice lens Peter, well worth it!


Reply

Retracted! I got a PM from a forum member and based on that decided to remove the focusing ring, and modify the infinity setting. I can now focus to up to 3 metres instead of 1.2. Smile


Reply

Spotmatic wrote:
Retracted! I got a PM from a forum member and based on that decided to remove the focusing ring, and modify the infinity setting. I can now focus to up to 3 metres instead of 1.2. Smile


Congrats - that is a major difference!


Reply

Anu wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:
Retracted! I got a PM from a forum member and based on that decided to remove the focusing ring, and modify the infinity setting. I can now focus to up to 3 metres instead of 1.2. Smile


Congrats - that is a major difference!


Indeed - this is in the right range for me (portraits and torso shots).


Reply

Someday, someday.


Reply

Spotmatic wrote:
Anu wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:
Retracted! I got a PM from a forum member and based on that decided to remove the focusing ring, and modify the infinity setting. I can now focus to up to 3 metres instead of 1.2. Smile


Congrats - that is a major difference!


Indeed - this is in the right range for me (portraits and torso shots).


I'm in a bit of a rush at the moment, but member LuisAlegria made a post on how to create an adapter for Exakta to K on the Biotar out of an old Exakta rear lens cap. I used one successfully until I did eventually buy an M42. It was posted somewhere in mflenses...

K.