Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Biotar 75/1.5 - some test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Biotar 75/1.5 - some test shots Reply with quote

So I couldn't resist, and since I'm getting rid of it anyway, I had to take some shots with it, holding it to the lens mount on the Pentax. It really is a pain to use it this way.

If I were to keep it though, I would use this thing all day. It lacks a bit of contrast probably on account of the dirt and haze, but its lovely otherwise. Its sharp at 1.5 !

Portraits, f/1.5

Flowers, all at f/4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at those! Beautiful captures! And you still want to sell it ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All fantastic quality samples, Luis.
Sigh... I would really love this lens. Who knows when. Before, I need to not get jailed by the state! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis, you are simply too cruel showing such lovely captures with this lens ... to bad the timing is bad for me right now

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your daughter's gotta love that shot! If not now... in time!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I can't really use it - unless -

a. I buy a Canon DSLR. I am saving for a Pentax K20D as it is. I made my bed with Pentax.

or,

b. I make some permanent changes to the lens, at minimum drill three holes for set-screws. This is feasible, there is room enough on the helical to re-set infinity focus using a modified T-mount. That would be a shame though.

and,

c. I get it cleaned. I can do it myself, but I risk botching it. I don't mind playing around with any old lens, but this one is special.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't drill holes or things like that in such an old venerable lens. If you don't want to invest in a camera for it (it could also be a film camera, not necessarily digital!), then it's better that you sell it, like you are planning to do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis: It's Exakta mount and you have Exakta bodies - you can use it, albeit with film.

This is one lens you may regret selling if you do and I concur with Orio; don't modify it.

I can show you how to open it from the front if you wish to clean it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful lens! nice portrait!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis , don't rush hold a little more and think about this gift of life, not many person have it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Louis , don't rush hold a little more and think about this gift of life, not many person have it!

My sentiments exactly. Cool

AFAIK you're one of only three members on here to have a copy because of it's rarity and like I said earlier, you will regret selling it if you do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful lens, Luis. It's a keeper.
Why you need a K20D?.
Everybody is getting crazy here locally by the K20D and there are some K10D bodies being sold by around 400€.

The same happens with the Canons, 350D being sold by 300-350€, 400D by 350-400€.

For less than the price of a brand new K20D, if you sell your K100D body, you can afford to buy both a K10D and a Canon body...

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were into portraiture I'd buy that lens without a second thought.

Just look at the girl shot and how the bokeh plays well with hairs and light and the balance of colors.

I concur, you'd better keep it. I wouldn't mind to buy a camera just to use it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all have persuaded me.

I will keep it for a while, and I have a new idea for a non-destructive Exakta-M42-PK adapter. It will require some lathe work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make easily an Exakta-PK adapter from any PK adapter + Exakta body lens mount, it will not support infinity , but who care this lens is not designed for tourist photos.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic images!