Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Floral Macro Work Micro-Nikkor 105/2.8 Zeiss 60/2.8 C MP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: New Floral Macro Work Micro-Nikkor 105/2.8 Zeiss 60/2.8 C MP Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, amazingly beautiful work Mark!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I like 5,6,7,8 best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
WOW, amazingly beautiful work Mark!!

+1
My personal favourite is #4, great difficult composition of colours and shapes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 looks amazing. I see quite a few miss-focused though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all! I haven't been able to shoot that much macro work this year but hope to do more soon.

mzzyhmd wrote:

I can assure you that if I felt they were miss-focused, I would not have posted them. I like to do very shallow depth of field and often shoot wide open. When I used to shoot fashion in Milano, I learned that it's more important that images have feeling regardless of whether every element is tack sharp. I could concentrate on sharpness but I'd have to sacrifice all my years of attempting to develop a personal style.
YMMV. Also, I am particular as to where I place the focus point. Perhaps we would disagree on that as well? Very Happy

Last edited by Kram on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: wow! Reply with quote

Wow, these shots are stunning!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask what camera you used to take these please? They're impressive!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian, thanks. They were shot on a Canon 60D, ISO 100, hand-held.
Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 and 7 are especially stunning, Mark.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
Thanks all! I haven't been able to shoot that much macro work this year but hope to do more soon.

mzzyhmd wrote:

I can assure you that if I felt they were miss-focused, I would not have posted them. I like to do very shallow depth of field and often shoot wide open. When I used to shoot fashion in Milano, I learned that it's more important that images have feeling regardless of whether every element is tack sharp. I could concentrate on sharpness but I'd have to sacrifice all my years of attempting to develop a personal style.
YMMV. Also, I am particular as to where I place the focus point. Perhaps we would disagree on that as well? Very Happy

lovely pictures again...
very well said Mark... I like very shallow dof too. not everyone can do that, and not everyone like it Smile