Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nov 11th Time Machine Project - DIY C-41, Ektar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Nov 11th Time Machine Project - DIY C-41, Ektar Reply with quote

I don't know if this is quite gallery work...

It was my first attempt with a DIY c-41 kit. These are entirely unedited, full histogram scans. I wanted to see exactly how accurate the colors came out. For the most part I'm happy with the results. There's no color cast that can't be corrected. The last few were a little underexposed so I think the color shift there is due to that. Ektar is known to not do to well with underexposure.

Camera was a Kiev 6c. The focus screen, I found out later, is not calibrated so many of the pictures are mis-focused. Lenses were a MC Biometar 2.8/80 and Zebra Flektogon 4/50.

This one was taken by Stasia:

I don't understand why this looks almost cross-processed:

~Marc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which DIY C41 kit ? You made by yourself from chemicals? I think developing was successful, especially room pictures did come out nicely.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a kit labeled JOBO. I think it's identical to the Tetenal one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
It's a kit labeled JOBO. I think it's identical to the Tetenal one.

Color a bit strange outside, perhaps expired film or temperature shift under develop I love/hate relationship with C-41 development if I get success (rare) I love it, usually I hate it. DIY E-6 much more consistent to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series.

Technically I think your results are very decent for an C41 DIY try. Perfect temperature control is not easy with amateur equipment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VEry good work Marc, and very good developing results I have to say.
I always enjoy your Anastasia series, in this one my favourite is the first of the sofa bunch.