Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rose
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Rose Reply with quote

Pentax LX with FB-1/FD-1 viewfinder, SMC Pentax-M 85mm f/2 lens, small extension tube, Kodak Ektar 100 film, cable release, tripod, mirror up...

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Beautiful. Smile

Yep. Can't say anything else really!

Edit: Actually cropping a little off the top to square format might make it even better.

Last edited by Yebisu on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Beautiful. Smile

+1 Beautiful !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. K.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hit that rose on the nose! Perfect shot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a rose shot. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those drops are icing on the cake. Superb!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:
Beautiful. Smile

+1 Beautiful !

+1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very, very nice. Smooth but eye catching. Loved the composition and monotone coloring.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
Those drops are icing on the cake. Superb!

Same thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Smooth but eye catching", exactly ! Stunning result...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive! I think greetings card makers would be interested in that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great! Much better and especially much more artsy than very most flower shots I've seen, an this is even analog! Stunning!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, I'll bet we ALL have seen many, many rose shots over the years. I would have thought
there were no more decent rose images, since every angle and type of rose had been covered.
Or..so I thought! Very Happy

This image has quality written all over it. Unique and gorgeous in its lines, comp, and especially
the smooth texture you captured. I can't really remember a rose picture that sings like this one.

If this were at an art show, I would probably buy it. It's that good, at least to me. Smile

Astounding! Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry said it better than I could . Excellent work !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. It is nice when you're just playing for fun and it really works. It was one shot too, none of my usual couple of dozen attempts that I would have made using digital. I must get a bigger print made. Smile

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must get a bigger print made.
If you don't make a big print, and don't take a picture of the print, there will be lots of folks 'mad' at you! Laughing
This shot CRIES OUT for a big print. A whole print full of deep pastel color. You should also save this shot in more than one backup place, too. Just sayin'. Smile Maybe just spinning up a CD and having someone put it in their cupboard for you.

You have a 'way' with flowers - there's lots of flower shots taken by photographers because they are a beautiful subject, but you
have gone over the top on this one. I hope you continue to take similar images, because there is a gorgeous uniqueness that is all your own.

Ektar! Wow! Did you scan this? Did you scan the film, or did you scan the processed image? GREAT thinking on putting on the
extender. I don't know the truth to this, but it SEEMS to me that film makes better big prints than digital.

This cries out for a drum scan. I can just picture in my mind the deep pastel color in a big print, slamming my head around to look at it - like a magnet. Shocked That said, your current scan is marvelous.

Pentax LX with FB-1/FD-1 viewfinder, SMC Pentax-M 85mm f/2 lens, small extension tube, Kodak Ektar 100 film, cable release, tripod, mirror up...

Your attention to the shot by using a cable release and locking the mirror certainly must have added to the clarity of this image. Who
says the Pentax 85/2 is not a good lens? Very Happy I don't know what kind of viewfinder that FB-1/FD-1 is, but it certainly worked!

Yeah, it's difficult to get a good shot with an older film camera isn't it?... Shocked Maybe just mat it with a single pure white mat board with a black core, and a black frame? Of course, any type of mounting would be the ticket, and that is your choice indeed. Just sayin'
that a simple mat and frame would augment this shot nicely, because it has its own details that stand up strong.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Beautiful shot in every way!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never do same thing in digital, so emotion ! thank you.