Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44M-4 + macro tubes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Helios 44M-4 + macro tubes Reply with quote

No sharpening, but added contrast.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colours, which aperture?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Helios, I have 4 of them and I'll never give them up. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice macro shot. I really like the subject.
A pity it is so much out of focus, maybe an higher ISO + smaller aperture next time you try it. I bet it was not easy to get it with a 58mm lens! These critters can get spooked very easily or maybe you got a very calm one hehe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

Thanks. If I'm not mistaken it was f4. At higher apertures it gets awfully dark in the viewfinder Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I love my Helios, I have 4 of them and I'll never give them up. Cool

I too love my Helios lenses. I recently bought a 135mm, (made in Japan), which is probably my sharpest lens, including the Canon and Sigma.

I am now looking for a wide Helios lens for landscapes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

Thanks. If I'm not mistaken it was f4. At higher apertures it gets awfully dark in the viewfinder Sad

A little bit out of focus but you've got a nice compo with great colors, well done! For macro work, I use most of the time the live view (with magnification), it's much easier to get the right focus and above that, it does not get darker when you stop down.......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the picture the way you've shot it. Although the image here is a bit on the small side, it looks as though you've got the eye pretty much as the sharpest point . . . and it's the eye that's the most interesting part of the insect. And then the relatively wide aperture has smoothed away the rest of the detail to concentrate attention on that wonderful eye. Well done.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful one, nice dreamy look !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Lovely shot Reply with quote

Top tip Lena, try spraying the flowers/leaves with sugar water (1 cup of water to 2 tablespoons of sugar and mix well and fill a small spray bottle and give them a few squirts 5mins before taking shots) the critters will come and check it out and usually stand still posing for the camera Smile fizzy pop works too.
Another trick is to fill a large plant pot with nice bright flowers and place on a patio table this makes shooting hoverflies etc much easier and less back breaking.
The Helios works well with the tubes and for mega close ups
Have fun
Brian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I wouldn't think about it, thanks Smile
I will have to get some sugar for that purpose ( just realised I have no single grain of it at home, I'm lowcarb Wink )

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: low calorie sugar Reply with quote

Don't forget to use Low Calorie fizzy drink! don't want the Hoverflies getting rotten teeth Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: low calorie sugar Reply with quote

Jethro Tull wrote:
Don't forget to use Low Calorie fizzy drink! don't want the Hoverflies getting rotten teeth Wink

Very Happy