Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiev-II, Jupiter-9, EFKE 50 in Paterson FX-39
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Kiev-II, Jupiter-9, EFKE 50 in Paterson FX-39 Reply with quote

I just acquired a 1963 Jupiter-9 to round out my Kiev set:

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1232276.html#1232276

It's a lovely lens, nice and sharp, typical Sonnar rendering, looks and feels great on the Kiev, a joy to use, I much prefer this length to a 135mm. The Efke 50 gives wonderful tonal range in FX-39, sadly this was my last roll of it.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-9 Wink one of my favorite lens, congrats!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is instantly one of my faves too!

A few more:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good tonality indeed, especially in the buildings.
I have shot my first roll of Efke 50 a few days ago, indeed avery interesting film.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I only had two rolls of the Efke 50, I think it's quite a lot better than Ilford Pan F 50. Efke film is not easy to find in the UK and it's expensive. Sad

The Paterson FX-39 is impressive developer imho, has given me greats results with TMAX100 and a couple of other types.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Sadly I only had two rolls of the Efke 50, I think it's quite a lot better than Ilford Pan F 50. Efke film is not easy to find in the UK and it's expensive. Sad

Try at my friend Dario of Westernphoto, he has good prices (tell him that Orio from Salsomaggiore pointed you to his shop):
http://www.westernphoto.it/sell-online/Adox-e-Efke-11/page,2

Another italian shop that sells them is Fotomatica, only a few cents more expensive than Westernphoto, when Dario is out of stock I buy from them:
http://www.fotomatica.it/contents/it/d83_efke_pellicole.html

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
The Paterson FX-39 is impressive developer imho, has given me greats results with TMAX100 and a couple of other types.

I will try it after I finish my currently opened bottles. How does it do with Tri-x/Arista 400?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have a crush on your angel, please keep testing all your equipment with her Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Orio, I will see what I can find. I read that the Efke films are now being sold as Adox so maybe it's the Adox CHS Art 50 that I want?

I haven't got any Tri-X sadly so can't tell you how the FX-39 works with that but it works great with TMAX100, look at my vintage bike series. If you need me to, I can send you enough FX-39 for a couple of rolls to try it out for yourself.

Only 400 BW film I have is HP5, I could try it with that if that would give you some insight.

Cheers Jussi, I will indeed shoot her again, my health is not so good atm so I'm kind of limited to subjects within a short walk of home and she is one of the nicest subjects within that range.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Cheers Orio, I will see what I can find. I read that the Efke films are now being sold as Adox so maybe it's the Adox CHS Art 50 that I want?

I read that too.

Quote:
I haven't got any Tri-X sadly so can't tell you how the FX-39 works with that but it works great with TMAX100, look at my vintage bike series. If you need me to, I can send you enough FX-39 for a couple of rolls to try it out for yourself.
Only 400 BW film I have is HP5, I could try it with that if that would give you some insight.

Actually, I have just read that this dev is not recommended for films above ISO 200. Thanks for you offer, but I'm curious enough to buy me a bottle, I'll get one in one of my future orders Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah, I wonder if that was why I got those funny wavy line artifacts on the roll of XP2 400 I developed in it?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Aah, I wonder if that was why I got those funny wavy line artifacts on the roll of XP2 400 I developed in it?

I have no clue, maybe Jussi can answer this.