Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A sunny walk with a Beagle and the Contax G Planar T* 35/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: A sunny walk with a Beagle and the Contax G Planar T* 35/2 Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Planar T* 35mm f/2 with Contax G mount on NEX 5N (1.5x crop sensor)

I have this lens since about 3 days and already felt in love with it.
This tiny lens absolutely worth it's price (above ~300€ in Europe, used) in my opinion.
It's very sharp and contrasty wide open and the bokeh stays very nice even stopped down a little as the aperture blades are round.
All pics are made wide open or stepped down to f/2.8.
No post processing was used at all - all pics came straight out of the camera.
No hood was used bye the way.

Most the pics are no gems, but I like to show you some abilities of the lens Smile

(made wide open)

OMG my Contax G Wink

(the last two are maybe stopped down a little bit more)

sorry for bad white balance - I used the "potrait" mode of the cam since there which was an error.

I would recommend to look what this lens delivers in 100% view wide open: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54671350@N02/6830491970/sizes/o/in/photostream/ Smile Stunning!

on closeups (50cm to one meter) the bokeh becomers even amazing sometimes Smile

And if you wan't to see more the whole series is on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/54671350@N02/6976628453/

Last edited by ForenSeil on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice photos
dogs in action shoots are very hard to get

Regards
Catalin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arhi_tectu1 wrote:
very nice photos
dogs in action shoots are very hard to get

Regards
Catalin

Thanks. Unbelieveable but I only had below 10-20% missfocused pics - the focus peaking worked very good under the sunny conditions with the contrasty lens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely lens, superb performance wide open Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These samples are in line with my very positive experience with that lens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:

Thanks. Unbelieveable but I only had below 10-20% missfocused pics - the focus peaking worked very good under the sunny conditions with the contrasty lens.

Indeed perfectly focused, congrats!...personally, I just can't focus with the the LCD, I find the focus peaking great for still subject (closed-up) but I miss all my pictures for portraits especially with fast lenses Confused ...
Anyway, that's a really nice serie, lovely portraits from your girl friend (and from your dog as well Very Happy ) and for sure an other stunning contax G lens Shocked ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
ForenSeil wrote:

Indeed perfectly focused, congrats!...personally, I just can't focus with the the LCD, I find the focus peaking great for still subject (closed-up) but I miss all my pictures for portraits especially with fast lenses Confused ...
Anyway, that's a really nice serie, lovely portraits from your girl friend (and from your dog as well Very Happy ) and for sure an other stunning contax G lens Shocked ...

I also don't like to focus with the LCD under most conditions - I have the electronic viewfinder for the NEX which is perfect for such a sunny day Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:

I also don't like to focus with the LCD under most conditions - I have the electronic viewfinder for the NEX which is perfect for such a sunny day Smile

I think if I want to keep this cam, I would have no other choice to buy this EVF .....a shame I can't find one in a shop here in my area to try it before, I have a quite bad experience from the G1's EVF so I hope it's much better Rolling Eyes ....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a lot CAs (the most annoying thing), it's flickering a little and in standard configuration it's tack to dark for my taste (but that's adjustable in the option menue of the camera). Size, resolution and clarity are good and it's very well usable. According to some reviews it's much better than any other viewfinder for evil cameras.

The lovely dog is sadly only a "borrowed" one by the way, as the owner (a fellow student of me) is on vacation for a week Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series...
personally, I dont like dogs. but last picture of it is very beautiful

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great shots. specially when the dogs in action Very Happy