Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon 200mm F4-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Nikon 200mm F4-Q Reply with quote

On Canon 40D....shot @ 5.6 @ ISO 400

it's funny how they all seem of a kind....

IMG_3358Lbw by kitaflix, on Flickr

IMG_4073cu13 by kitaflix, on Flickr

IMG_4071Rfcu23 by kitaflix, on Flickr

IMG_3295R2H by kitaflix, on Flickr

IMG_3298RL by kitaflix, on Flickr

IMG_3283RcK by kitaflix, on Flickr

IMG_3339RRcK by kitaflix, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a great series! I like especially #4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, that heron shot is to die for!! Very nice images!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
Boy, that heron shot is to die for!! Very nice images!

Thanks...the heron is only 1/4 of the full frame....panning/focusing with the manual focus 200 is fun....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Such a great series! I like especially #4

Yes, number four is superb.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Q is indeed a nice lens.... Reply with quote

....thank you for the kind words...the Q is a much better lens than some reviews suggest...

I recently got an AIS version of the 200/4 only because it was there (I'm sure you can understand THAT)...and cheap (I know you can all empathize with that too...$80 for the 200 on the end of a clean working FE2 AND a MD12 motor drive....)

Still......I will VERY likely keep this Q only because it's the last lens I own that I bought new when I was a PJ back in the 1960s and 70s...and it looks it....(the glass is pristine of course though)...having already decided to keep 2 Nikkors of the same FL (50/1.4-AIS and F2-K, and 135/2.8-K AND an AI'd 135/2.8-Q.C) having one more "redundant" lens isn't too crazy, right?!?!?!

Barr by kitaflix, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right decision to keep the Q, it means something for you and also in the external condition it is,
you would not raise much from a sale anyway Wink

Very nice pictures and I too prefer #4, it has something funny, like a cartoon Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Right decision to keep the Q, it means something for you and also in the external condition it is,
you would not raise much from a sale anyway Wink

Very nice pictures and I too prefer #4, it has something funny, like a cartoon Very Happy

My thoughts exactly...about the cartoon bird, and the lens's appearance/value....it was also AI "cut" by my neighborhood Nikon repair shop here in south Florida, USA, a nationally known Nikon pro-repair guy who has since retired...I miss Pete Smith...